Chapter 48

Missing

Felix and Sebastian smiled with pride when they finally found the Elixir of Life. The two Lost Boys had found it in Pan's house, hidden by dark, dangerous magic. Luckily for the boys, one being Pan's best friend and the other being a very trusted follower, both Felix and Bash knew exactly what they had to do to uncover and go beyond Pan's magical boundaries. They both succeeded, and the most injuries they got was a small cut right above Sebastian's eyebrow.

And after Felix had managed to get Pan to tell him where Jefferson's magical hat was, they were all ready to leave Storybrooke for good.

Only problem?

Pan didn't want to leave.

"No! What if Evelina comes back looking for me and I'm not here waiting for her!?" Was Pan's excuse.

Bash and Felix had decided to kidnap Pan for his own good. Both were getting tired of Pan's antics and simply wanted to return to their island.

So one faithful night, Sebastian gathered all of the Lost Boys at City Hall. He explained to the boys how they planned to return to Neverland. The real Neverland.

And all the Lost Boys absolutely loved it.

They all missed their home. Their island. They all wanted to return to Neverland. The real Neverland.

And thanks to Felix and Sebastian it was going to be possible. Once they had announced the news that they would all be returning to Neverland, all the Lost Boys scattered to gather their belongings. Sebastian was proud.

"They seemed happy." He commented and Felix agreed. The blond boy turned back into the office with his friend. When they walked in, Pan was now sitting at his desk. He stared at a picture that sat on his desk, with gloomy, dark eyes.

It was a picture of Evelina, one he had taken without her consent. In the picture she was glancing behind her, not even looking at the camera, just barely past it. Her lips were slightly parted, twisted into a small smile, her eyes filled with joy, her cheeks flushed red, and Evelina's hair flowed perfectly with the wind. Overall, Peter Pan believed this was his favourite picture of his princess.

"Give me that." Felix said and pulled the picture out of Pan's grasp. Pan whined and reached for it. He growled at Felix when the boy refused to return the picture to him and Peter narrowed his eyes before pouncing on his friend. Felix shrieked at his friend's sudden moves and Pan managed to get the picture of his love back. Peter then calmed down and laid back down on the couch, still clutching onto the picture. Felix was left traumatized on the floor, panting from the scare Peter Pan had given him.

"Well then." Sebastian mumbled and began to pack some of Pan's valuables into the many bags he had. Bash packed away all of the boy's books, trinkets, and his clothes.

Once Bash had finished, he noticed Felix comversating with Pan. Pan wouldn't respond to anything Felix said. But Felix wasn't exactly expecting a response. Bash couldn't hear what Felix whispered to Pan, but he did see the broken boy nod in agreement to whatever Felix had said. Felix smiled and patted his friends shoulder.

"What'd you tell him?" Sebastian asked once they both decided to leave Pan to himself and they walked out of the office. Felix sighed before ruffling his hair.

"Told him if he returned to Neverland with us, I would stay behind to find Evelina."

Sebastian stayed silent for a moment.

"Felix, Pan's not his best right now. Someone has to lead the pack and you're his second in command. It has to be you." Bash said. Before Felix could protest, the dark haired Lost Boy cut him off.

"I'll stay behind and I'll look for Evelina." He said bravely. Felix stared at Sebastian. Felix debated against leaving one of his men behind. But it seemed like it was the best option they had.

"Fine."

~

Killian Jones sat at the sheriff's station, mindlessly petting his hook as he stared at nothing. His mind was on Evelina ever since the young Frostling had left. Hook wouldn't admit it, but he did miss the girl. He had grown quite fond of her, and he didn't exactly get to say farewell to her.

"Watcha thinking about?" He heard a beautiful ask him. It was the same voice that made Hook question every single bad thing he had ever done. It was that same voice that made him want to be a better man. The voice was so powerful to him, it could give him shivers for days.

Emma wasn't one to encounter Hook on her own. Her feelings were too overwhelmed simply by his presence. It messed with Emma's head. And although the blonde wanted to avoid Killian Jones at all costs, she always ended up closer to him than she wished. Emma didn't know what it was that attracted her to Hook. Was it his dashing looks? His striking eyes? His breathtaking accent? Emma couldn't pin it.

"Thinking about the lass. Miss her a lot." Hook said and Emma knew he spoke about Evelina Frost. For some odd, strange reason, Emma felt a bit jealous of Evelina. But Emma knew she didn't have to be jealous, the girl was half Killian's age.

But it wasn't the first time Emma had felt like that about the young girl. Emma felt as if Evelina had stolen the life Emma should've had with her parents.

Emma Swan hated herself for thinking such things. Evelina had a rough life, just as much as Emma had. Not quite the same, but both girls had parent struggles.

"I miss her too." Emma whispered after she remembered Hook was before her. The pretty blonde placed a bag before the two of them and smiled at Hook when he gave her a questioning look.

"Granny sent a couple burgers and fries. Care to join me?" She asked with a sly smile and Hook gratefully returned the gesture.

"It would be my pleasure, Swan."

~

Jack Frost ran back and forth through the North Pole, screaming with complete panic. He had never had such a feeling rise in him. He felt as if his whole world was dissolving before him. His whole world had jumped out the window and had disappeared with the wind. Jack's heart ached with pain.

"She's gone, she's GONE! CALL SECURITY! CALL THE OTHER GUARDIANS! FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, SHE WILL FREEZE TO DEATH OUT THERE!" North watched as Jack scrambled around the room.

"She's an ice bender, Jack, she can't freeze." North snapped and threw the boy's staff towards him and stood up. North pushed the guardians towards the door and shoved him out into the harsh cold.

"Go and find your daughter instead of wasting your damn time."

North then slammed the door in front of Jack. Jack Frost turned to the horizon, and all he saw was fresh, white snow. Jack was officially scared for his daughter's safety. Even if she would survive the cold.

"Oh Evelina where the hell did you go?"

*unedited*

One more chapter and then the Epilogue and then it's OVER!

There will be a special announcement at the end of the book, so please stick around.