Chapter 9

The Voices Inside Her Head

Evelina looked around as she and Hook were now in the forest walking around. They had been having a laugh together, walking together as if they have always been friends.

"You did not! You did not call her a ludder!" Evelina laughed, letting some of her native language slip. Hook nodded.

"She was pushing herself on me when I was on a date! Forgive me, love, but even I know to give my full attention to only one girl when she's with me. When I'm on a date, that girl has my undivided attention. Nothing else but her," he said and Evelina smiled.

"Oh, Emma's so lucky," she whispered. But Killian heard her and gave her a look.

"Emma? What's Miss Swan got to do with all this?" He asked, a bit defensive but all Evelina did was smile brightly.

"You like her! Don't you dare deny it! Dad says I got an eye for these things!" Evelina squealed and Killian rolled his eyes but did give a small shy smile. He turned away from her and they both continued walking.

"Even if I do fancy her, which I'm not agreeing to, I can't really do much for her. Her ex-lovers here, and I can't compete with someone with whom she has had a child with," he said solemnly. Evelina glanced at the pirate and took a deep breath.

"She might surprise you, Killian. Just give her some time," she consoled, trying her best to comfort the one-handed man.

As the two continued walking, it finally dawned on Killian that they shouldn't be walking further into the forest anymore. The sun was already setting and he knew better than to allow her to be out this late. Especially with the Lost Boys roaming around.

"I need to get you home, Evie," he said lowly and Evelina turned to him with a raised eyebrow.

"Why? What's wrong?" She questioned.

"It's dark. The woods aren't a good place for us to be frolicking around. Come along." He said and he turned around and began walking back the way they came. Evelina watched as he went, but didn't fall much behind. She finally noticed it was dark, and they had warned her about the forest this time around. Although she used to play in these woods before with no problem, that was before Peter Pan decided to take over.

She followed Hook.

But she didn't get far before she began to hear voices.

"Evelina.."

"Yes?" She asked loudly to Hook, who she assumed was the one that had spoken. He glanced over his shoulder to give her a confused look.

"What?"

"Didn't you call me?"

"No, I didn't," he said and Evelina frowned slightly.

"I must be losing my marbles..." she whispered. They both continued walking in silence when Evelina heard the voice again.

"Darling Evelina..."

This time, the voice sounded more feminine. Evelina stopped walking and turned sharply on her heels.

"Hook did you hear that?" She questioned in a rushed voice. Hook gave a loud huff as to why Evelina was acting so strange.

"Evelina, nothing's there..."

"No I swear, I heard something!" She protested. Sure enough, the voice spoke once again.

"Come Evelina... darling follow me."

"Evie, please come on. The forest is clearly playing with your mind," Hook whispered, but Evelina was so intrigued by the voice. It was soothing, and soon, Evelina began to realize who it was that was speaking.

"That's my mum... that's my mum, Killian!" She said and once again, she heard the voice speak.

"Evelina... find me, darling."

Without warning, Evelina began running into the forest once again. Taking him off guard, Killian then took off after her, and caught her by the waist, and lifted her off the ground to avoid her from being able to run again.

"Please! Killian! She's here! I can hear her!" Evelina protested and squirmed in the pirate's arms as he threw her over his shoulder and began running out of the forest and towards the Charming's loft.

What seemed like hours to Evelina were actually seconds. As soon as she was out of the forest, Evelina felt her body easing up and her mind clearing up. She stopped moving in Killian's arms and simply slumped in his hold.

"We're almost there," he mumbled, mostly to himself. Evelina didn't respond. It seemed as if all her energy had drained away.

It didn't take long for the two to finally arrive home and Hook knew he was going to get yelled at for being out so late after dark with Evelina. He knew the Charming's would get angry when they saw that Evelina had spent the entire day with a villain. But he didn't care at the moment, for he was more concerned about what Emma would think.

When he reached their door, he didn't even knock. Instead, he kicked the door and flung it open. Hook walked inside.

Snow gasped loudly at the sight of Evelina looking so weak and rushed over to her.

"What happened to her?! Where were you?!" She screeched as she took Evelina from Killian's arms and set her on the bed. Evelina looked at Snow but said nothing. She decided to let Hook do the talking.

"Look, we were in the forest and-"

"The forest?! This late?" David suddenly said as he walked downstairs. Emma walked in at the same moment with Henry, Regina, and Neal at tow. They both saw Evelina's condition and frowned.

"What happened to her?"

"I don't know, let's ask the damn pirate," David snapped and crossed his arms as he shot Killian a deadly glare.

"Don't look at him like that," a tired voice suddenly spoke, and everyone turned to Evelina, who barely had her eyes open.

"If it wasn't for that one-handed pirate, as you referred to, I would probably be dead right now," she croaked out and turned to her side, falling silent as sleep sudden consumed her.

And everyone stared at the 'one-handed pirate' as they waited for him to explain what had happened in the forest.

*unedited*