Chapter 27

Crossing Realms

Evelina's breathing was in short breaths as she laid next to Pan. His light snores filled her ears as he slightly stirred when the young girl sat up. Evelina looked around before fixing the blanket that had fallen off her shoulders.

After they had arrived at the cliff, Pan had conjured up various blankets and snacks. He began to tell Evelina about the rock that she had seen earlier, that was better known as Skull Rock. He told her more about the mermaids, the fairies, and many other things about the island he called home. After hours of simply talking about pointless things, he had knocked out and was no in rush to wake up.

Evelina was thankful for that.

She was also thankful for the bottle of wine he had drank all by himself. She knew it would help her in the longshot.

Evelina slowly crawled over Pan, careful not to hit him or anything. She made it to his left side and slowly began tugging lightly on the satchel that was still slung on him. He had slept with it, which Evelina deemed a challenge as she tried to figure out how she was going to get it without waking the demon up.

Once Evelina had somewhat managed to get the satchel out from beneath Peter, she tried to open the bag, only to find it was blocked by some protection spell. Evelina scowled lightly but was grateful she was prepared.

She yanked out a necklace that had been hidden between her chest and her shirt. It was something she knew she shouldn't have, yet she did.

She carefully waved her hand over the necklace, and the small figurine grew into its normal size.

The Dark One's dagger sat in Evelina's hand, nearly scaring Evelina enough to drop it and run.

She knew Rumpelstiltskin would find out soon she had taken it. He hadn't found out yet because Evelina had used the dagger to command him to be clueless about the dagger. But she knew she wouldn't be able to keep it a secret for very long.

Evelina tightened her grip on the handle and waved the dagger over the satchel. It glowed a dark purple before it slowly faded away. Evelina placed the dagger back on the necklace before shrinking it. She placed the necklace back on her neck and hid it away once again.

Evelina began searching through the satchel. She found many things. A gold compass, many maps, some more of that pixie dust stuff (which she did take a bottle of), and she even found a bottle of Squid Ink. She took some of that too.

She finally felt the soft fabric of what she was searching for.

Evelina smiled widely when she pulled out the Mad Hatter's hat. Evelina quickly put the satchel back how it was and grabbed the medium size bottle of Squid Ink. She only let a drop fall on Pan's body before the effect took over. Evelina watched as he didn't even awaken, nor stir.

Evelina didn't take any chances and she sprinted into the forest, hoping to put some distance between her and Peter Pan.

~

The young Frost sat on the forest ground as she stared at the hat before her. She didn't waver her eyes as she mentally gave herself a pep talk. She finally took a deep breath, and stood up. Evelina had gathered enough energy to start traveling again. Evelina took hold of the hat and gave it a spin before throwing it onto the forest clearing. It picked up it's speed and began to quickly spin even faster.

The wind around her began to pick up, and the hat had transformed into the portal she had jumped into with Pan.

Evelina jumped in with more confidence than she had the first time.

And she allowed herself to be sucked into the room with the many mirrors.

~

Evelina stood in front of the mirror she had seen earlier. It was a lot for Evelina to take in. She regretted going through with her entire plan. She wanted to turn back. She wanted to run back to Neverland. She wanted to lay back down next to Pan. She wanted him to wrap his arms around her. She wanted to go back home. She wanted to find her way back to Storybrooke.

But she knew she wouldn't forgive herself if she didn't go through with her plan, especially when she knew she had the chance.

Evelina was so nervous, snow began to fall from above her head. She quickly tried to think of happy, relaxing thoughts, but the snow didn't stop. If anything, it only began to snow even more. Evelina became angry with herself and as much as she tried she couldn't stop the cold substance from falling on her. It wasn't helping. Evelina scowled at her hands before she clutched them together and put her hands down.

She scrunched her eyebrows together and closed her eyes in attempts to calm her powers. It slightly helped and less snow began to fall.

Evelina opened her eyes and knew it was time to leave before Pan found out she was gone. She stared at the mirror before taking a deep breath and reassuring herself everything was going to be OK.

And she crossed the mirror that led her to the realm she came to know as Arendelle, a place where she was otherwise known as Princess Evelina, the princess who was very, very, very much forgotten by no other than her own mother.

*unedited*