Chapter 28

A New Scenery

The first thing Evelina noticed when she stepped through the mirror portal was the snow that surrounded her. The wind howled, snowflakes drifted down, and Evelina's feet were already soaked by all the snow. She wrinkled her nose before she flicked her hands, making cute boots replace her flats, and clinging tights appeared on her legs. A coat appeared on her body, not because she was cold, but to avoid any suspicion as to why a teen wasn't wearing a coat when it was freezing cold. She took a deep breath and licked her finger before sticking it out to the air. She waited for a moment, only to feel the wind slightly blowing east. Evelina gave a small relief. At least the wind won't be blowing against her, which would make her job a lot harder.

Evelina began to make her way down the mountain slope, her direction now towards the tiny looking castle, where the young Frost was anxious to meet someone very special to her.

~

Killian stared harshly at Neal, who sat across from him. Bae sent a similar glare to the pirate as he tried to figure out his next move.

Henry sat between the two at the other end of the table, bored out of his mind as he waited for one of his mother's to return home.

Neal finally began to speak as he kept his killer glare on Hook.

"Got any Queen's?"

"Go fishing." Killian said and Bae gave a groan before throwing his cards on the table, making sure the pirate still couldn't see it.

"It's Go Fish, not Go Fishing, Hook, we went over that three hours ago!" He snapped and Hook let out a loud, annoyed huff before he crossed his arms like a baby.

"It's hard to keep track mate, I don't say Go Fish, I say, Go Fishing! As the action!" He said. Bae was about to snap back at him but he decided to be the bigger man and ignored him to continue playing.

"I'll just go again. Got any aces?"

"Goldfish." Killian mumbled and Neal had to pause once more to rub his head in frusteration. He didn't say anything to the pirate as they continued to play some more.

It wasn't long before Killian once again said, "Go Fishy," and Neal began to yell at him that he was saying it wrong.

Hook was not someone who would back down from a fight, so he equally began to scream back as well, defending he had said the right thing.

Neither of the grown adults noticed Henry walk out of the living room while shaking his head.

~

Rumple walked into the library, in hopes of finding Belle. He found her buried in books. Belle looked extremely tired, and seemed as if she was going to collapse​ at any moment.

"Belle, you have done enough for today." He said and yanked the book away from her in attempts to ease his girl into following him home so she could rest. But Belle was a stubborn one and shook her head furiously.

"No, this letter means something! And it could be important." She said as she yanked another book and began to read it over again. Belle compared her notes to the ones Evelina had done before she and Pan disappeared. Rumple shook his head and tried to snatch it out of her hands, but Belle held onto it tight.

"Your eyes are brimming red, you must get some sleep."

"But-"

"Please. Head to the shop. And I'll be there soon." He said softly. Belle rubbed her face. She felt both flustered and angry, but she nodded her head after a while and slowly picked up her bag. She swung it over her shoulders before walking over to her boyfriend.

"Thank you for caring." She whispered before she placed a tender kiss on Rumple's cheek. She pulled away and gave him a sweet smile before leaving, and Rumple was left alone in the library.

Just how he wanted it.

The Dark One walked over to the library's elevator. He cranked the lever once and it began to move. Gold stepped into the elevator before he turned once more and pushed down on the lever.

The machine began going down.

And Rumple was now on the search for a new type of magic he had heard so much of from under the library.

~

They called it the Elixir of Life. A rumored source of magic unlike any other. It was a supposed mythical potion that granted the drinker of the liquid eternal life and beauty. It was the drink of the gods. Many believed the potion was just a myth, like many other fairytale stories.

But of course, nothing is impossible when you had magic on your side.

Rumpelstiltskin had a plan. Not only did the potion keep your youth, it gave you a push of magic. It was with you forever.

That was Rumple's dream.

He didn't want to stay in Storybrooke anymore. Not with Pan running around. After his cruel past with the demon boy, Gold planned to do everything in his power to get out of that town with Belle in tow.

But Rumple simply didn't just want to leave like that. He wanted to keep his magic in tact, even in the Land Without Magic.

And Rumple would do anything to keep his power with him.

Anything.

~

Peter Pan still slept away in the grass on Neverland. He snored away as the wine still had its deep effect on him. He groaned unconsciously, and smacked his lips. At that moment, he didn't look like a demon. He had an innocent glow to him as he curled up into a ball, trying to get comfortable on the itchy grass. He scrunched his nose as he suddenly sneezed. The grass was bothering him.

Peter Pan still didn't wake up when the island suddenly started to rumble.

*unedited*