Chapter 39

Back In Town

Evelina giggled when Pan poked her side. She swatted his hand away and tried her hardest not to smile anymore. But Pan knew she was struggling to keep a straight face.

"Peter stop!" She said seriously. But her serious face quickly flattened and she ended up in a fit of giggles.

"We have to go."

"Can't we just stay here and live forever?" Evelina whined, for she was feeling extremely lazy and did not have the energy to move. Pan smiled down at her but shook his head.

"Your family is probably already freaking out because you've been gone for a couple days. I have to bring you back." He said with a reasonable voice and Evelina pouted but nodded.
She placed the letter she had written on the vanity dresser and left it there with a single ice rose she created next to it.

"Ready love?" Pan asked as he fixed his shirt. Evelina nodded.

"Yes. Take me home."

~

Peter was anxious to get Evelina out of there before anyone found that letter. He knew once Anna found it, she would stop at nothing to find Evelina. Anna wasn't like Elsa; Anna was crazy. Evelina was the only family Anna now had left and Peter knew Anna would search for her niece until her dying day.

"Hurry Evelina." Peter pressed on and slightly pushed her through the dark silent castle. It was night time, and Peter knew they had to find a secure place to be able to travel once more. He decide the gardens would do.

"I'm going, stop pushing."

Finally the two made it to the gardens. Evelina stood back and watched as Pan twist Jefferson's hat. A portal instantly opened Evelina smiled. She looked at Pan before she jumped right in.

Pan smiled and just as He was about to jump in after his princess, he heard a familiar voice he hadn't heard in years.

"Wait!"

His blood ran cold and his posture stiffened. He glanced back to see Anna running towards him. He was just about to jump into the portal, all in attempts to avoid her, but his conscience stopped him. He couldn't keep moving, and he clicked his tongue before turning to face Anna. The portal still open behind him.

Anna's eyes widened when she saw the boy before her.

"Peter? Is that really you?" She breathed and Peter smirked.

"In the flesh and blood Anna." He simply said before he jumped into the portal without saying another word.

"No wait!" Anna screamed and tried to jump in after him.

But she was too late; the portal closed and Anna was left lying on the grass of her gardens. She wailed harshly when she realized Peter Pan was gone.

And he had taken her only niece with him.

~

Evelina waited patiently inside the hat for Pan. He was taking quite some time and Evelina was starting to get impatient. Evelina started to observe the different mirrors that were displayed in the hat before her. The one she was most interested in was the mirror with a yellow brick trail. Huge mushrooms were growing at the side and Evelina swore she saw a fish flying. She then walked to the next mirror and she saw Storybrooke's bright lights. Evelina suddenly felt homesick. Reality had hit how long she had been gone from home. It was only a couple days but she knew it must've had a huge effect on Snow. She knew the poor women who had taken care of her probably had lost her marbles.

Evelina didn't want to think how much Snow had freaked out because of her absence. The young Frost knew she was going to be in big trouble when she left and would probably never be allowed to leave the loft ever again.

Evelina suddenly heard a new set of feet behind her and turned to see Pan dusting his clothes off. Evelina sighed.

"What took you so long?"

"Uh, just some pest problem." He said and Evelina raised an eyebrow.

"Pest problem?"

"No need to fret, my darling. Nothing to be bothered with." He said and Evelina narrowed her eyes at the boy. But she let it slide and walked over to the mirror that showed Storybrooke.

"Come on love. We've been gone long enough."

~

Evelina let the warmer air hit her bare skin once they had crossed the mirror. Her eyes adjusted to the dark of the night yet the lights of the street blinded her just slightly. The silence of the night haunted her, the lack of snow was refreshing, and she could hear the waves crashing against the wooden docks.

She turned to Pan who was watching her observe her own surroundings, as if she'd never been there. She smiled just a little, but it was enough to make Pam squirm in his own skin.

"I must be getting home." She whispered and Pan nodded.

"Have a good night love." He said and Evelina smiled shyly. She then gathered up all the courage she could musher and leaned over. She placed a small single kiss on his cheek.

"Thank you for taking care of me during that harsh time." She mumbled, completely embarrassed. She tried to his her red face behind her hair but it was hard since it was tied up in a braid. Pan smiled cockily and shrugged.

"It was my pleasure to be at your assistance, Miss Frost." He said formally.

Just as Evelina was about to turn and wall away Pan grabbed her hand one more time and stopped her.

"Join me for lunch tomorrow. I promise we will have anything but tea." He said with a raised eyebrow. Evelina smiled and nodded.

"Alright. Sounds fair." She said and turned on her heel to walk the way back to her guardians loft.

Peter Pan remembered he forgot Evelina still needed to be punished for leaving him stranded on Neverland.

He almost didn't want to go through with his punishment.

Almost.

~

Evelina grew nervous as she knocked on the door to the loft. It was quiet on the other side, and Evelina wondered if they were even home. She knocked again. Still silence.

The young girl grew annoyed and turned on her feet and headed to Regina's house, where she hoped she would find her friends.

Once she reached her new destination she opened the gate and closed it softly behind her. The lights were on in her house. Evelina walked up to the door and gave a couple knocks. She heard noise. Evelina got happy when she realized they were still around. She waited anxiously for someone to open the door, and she was so excited she knocked on the door again, this time harder.

Finally the door opened, but it was someone Evelina didn't think she'd see.

"Dad?"

*unedited*

Re-uploaded this chapter because apparently when I published it only half could be seen... Sorry y'all.