Chapter 31

A Hero's Game

Evelina suddenly wanted to turn around and run until she could never be found. She was so nervous about meeting her mother, she was beginning to regret everything.

Her 'master plan' to deceive Pan had worked out perfectly, too perfectly, but now she was regretting it. She had never felt so anxious about anything ever in her life. Not even when she first met Peter Pan.

She regretted leaving Pan in Neverland, she regretted being in Arendelle, because in true honesty, Evelina had no idea how her mother would even react to seeing her, or if she would even accept Evelina as her daughter. Would Elsa even remember she once had a daughter named Evelina? Would she mind her having very similar powers like the queen herself? Would the kingdom accept her as their princess? Would the people fear her as they did Elsa?

So many questions, not enough answers.

Evelina walked silently behind Kristoff as she followed him into the castle. He spoke about random things, but she couldn't bring herself to pay attention. Her mind was set on her pounding heart which rung in her ears. She couldn't hear even if she wanted to.

"Joan?" Kristoff's voice broke though to her and she blinked her eyes before paying attention.

"Yes? I'm sorry, I dozed off." Evelina apologized and Kristoff simply smiled.

"It's alright. I was just asking if you would like to eat anything before you meet Anna?" He asked and Evelina shook her head.

"No thank you Kristoff, you have been very good to me." She said and he just smiled back.

They both walked into the throne room. It was huge, with purple velvet drapes hanging from the walls and pillars. Warm bright torches filled the room, both luminated enough light for Evelina to see everything clearly. She stared fondly at the two thrones that were on the platform at the end of the room. She knew her mother sat on that throne, and if life were to be perfect and simple and if she would've stayed in Arendelle, she would've inherited the throne as well. But that was another world.

"Kristoff, we ran out of chocolate, and I know it was you who-"

Evelina turned to see a strawberry redheaded girl walk into the throne room. She had blue eyes, and in her hair was a strip of white hair. She had freckles splattered on her peachy face. She had on fancy clothing and a crown rested on her head.

Once she caught eye of Evelina, the girl stopped talking and turned to her curiously.

"Oh, hello. Who are you?" She questioned and Evelina just stared at her with wide eyes.

"Anna, this is Joan." Kristoff said, and wrapped an arm around his fiance as he introduced the young Frost to the girl. Anna stared at Evelina, with a look like she wasn't convinced but nonetheless gave a slight nod.

"And Joan, this is her majesty, Queen Anna." Kristoff said and Evelina suddenly snapped her head towards Kristoff with slightly widened eyes.

"Oh, I'm so sorry." She said before bowing down. She heard the girl give a soft chuckle, so Evelina lifted her head up.

"Please no bowing, I'm not to be coronated until this weekend." She said and smacked Kristoff lightly. Evelina slowly came up from her curtsey.

"It's very late, Joan, I insist you stay in one of our guest rooms." Anna said before she gestured to the halls where the rooms were. Evelina tried to stop the girl from dragging her into a room but it was too late, Anna already shoved Evelina into a room.

"You can stay here! If you need anything else, I'm sure Gerda won't hesitate to help you." Anna informed her and gestured to the giant wardrobe.

"There's a couple sleeping gowns and morning gowns for tomorrow, help yourself, Joan." Evelina nodded and gave a small smile.

"Thank you, your highness, but I really just want to-"

"Nonsense, we'll speak about it tomorrow! Good night, Joan!" Anna said before she closed the door and left Evelina alone to her thoughts.

The young Frost gave a loud huff before she glanced around the room she was now in. It was mostly blue, so it appealed to Evelina's eyes. The bed was a queen sized one, with white coverage and lacy pillows. There was a fireplace in the room as well, but it wasn't necessary for Evelina.

She walked over to the wardrobe and began to search for a nightgown. She found a simple white laced. She liked it. She threw her shoes off along with her clothes and threw the nightgown on. Of course, she could have made it herself but she refused to even use magic. She feared someone would see, even when she was alone.

Evelina sighed in pure bliss after she had stripped down out of all the wet clothes she had sported since she had arrived to Arendelle. Her feet felt alot better and when she looked at her bed, it looked like a soft, fluffy cloud. 

Evelina jumped into the bed and twiddled with her hair. She dissolved the braid and let her wavy hair flow free. She ruffled her hair up a bit and laid down, with not a care in the world.

Once her eyes were closed, she drifted off into a dreamless sleep.

She completely forgot about Peter Pan, and the chaotic mess he had created back on Neverland.

~

Rumpelstiltskin was in a foul mood. After he had searched endlessly for the Elixir of Life in the library's ruins down underneath, he came back empty handed. He wasn't expecting it to be easy, but he definitely thought that since he was the Dark One, it wouldn't be so difficult.

Rumple now knew why Pan was in Storybrooke. He knew this was the boy's plan all along as well.

It all added up in Rumpelstiltskin's head. Pan didn't need Henry's heart anymore because he could simply find the Elixir of Life and save himself easily, and gain even more power all while doing so.

Both he and Rumple thought alike.

Rumple wasn't going to tell anyone about his discovery. He knew the Charmings wouldn't approve. Besides, when has the Dark One felt the need to share everything that goes on in his personal life?

He wasn't going to tell them the Elixir of Life was in their very own neighborhood. He wasn't going to share what he planned on doing with the source of magic, even though it was faintly clear what Rumple intended to do.

Yet never once did he think he was going to cause harm to his beloved beauty.

He thought he was doing it for the better of the two.

He believed he was going to make their lives even better by finding the Elixir of Magic.

He completely forgot that Belle was a hero.

And hero's don't play by those types of rules.

*unedited*

Just to clarify, this book takes place after Frozen but BEFORE Frozen 2...

In fact, Frozen 2 wasn't even released  or ANNOUNCED when I wrote this book.

I just needed to clarify since I see some confusion in the comments lol.

Have a nice day, friends.