Chapter 40

Run Away With Me

8:30 p.m. Regina's House

Evelina stiffened when her father pulled her into a desperate hug and clutched onto her frail body, as if she would disappear at any given second.

"Oh, Evelina, where the fuck have you been?" Jack Frost didn't even care about his foul language. He was both furious and relieved his daughter was back in his arms. Furious because she had left without giving anyone a single word, and relieved because she came back in one piece.

"I uh, I um, I-"

"EVELINA FROST! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!" Evelina whimpered when she heard Regina's loud voice boom through the house. Regina's voice was followed by many pairs of feet, and in no time, Evelina was being smothered by everyone.

Snow was weeping with no sign of stopping anytime soon, she had to take a seat before she collapsed. David and Emma guided her to the couch.

Regina was furiously checking Evelina's body to make sure she didn't have a scratch on her. Regina yanked on her hands and inspected them before dropping them and moving onto her face. Evelina yelped as Regina clutched onto Evelina's face and inspected every inch.

"She's fine. No blood. Yet." She snapped and walked away when she was satisfied with the results. Hook had the young girl in a hug in mere moments, but was then pushed away by Henry Mills, who wanted his fair share of love as well.

Now Henry had a secret. And he didn't know how long it would remain one until someone got smart and began asking questions. He still had the blood letter, now decoded and in danger of falling into anyone's hands.
His trust had fallen into the hand of the pirate, Killian Jones, and they both knew everything in that letter was pure gold. He needed to tell Evelina.

But as he watched Evelina be scowled and praised by her surrounding friends and family, he decided it was not the right time.

Evelina was growing quite annoyed and frustrated. She was now in the arms of her father again and he did not want to let go.

"Please I'm starved. I need to eat." She groaned and Regina scoffed.

"Well one would thinks so. We shouldn't even feed you, see if that teaches you a lesson." Regina snapped and Snow shook her head before running off into the kitchen to whip something up for Evelina to consume.

Evelina managed to get out of her fathers grip and ran in after Snow.

She took a seat at the kitchen table and watched as Snow ran around, getting everything ready for Evelina. She was making sandwiches. Evelina grew am very with herself when she saw how maddening Snow was running around. She knew it was because she was nervous and anxious. Evelina knew she was the reason for Snows behavior. She knew she had caused it.

"Snow..."

"Yes?" She said, quite rushed as she grabbed the bread and threw on ham and cheese. Evelina watched.

"I'm sorry I left." The young girl whispered. She now felt ashamed about everything. But before Snow could even respond, the group of adults (and Henry) walked into the kitchen.

"Ironic isn t it? You were upset that they were going to send you away from town to keep you safe from Pan, and instead you're found travelling the realms with him." Regina growled and Evelina turned a light shade of red.

"I'm taking her with me now. Can't risk it again." Jack Frost said and looked down at his daughter. She was now confused and horrified at the idea of leaving town.