Chapter 16

The Diner

Evelina was on her third mug of hot cocoa. She had eaten about four boxes of Graham cracker and her mouth was covered in crumbs. The young Frost was taking a long, long, long, break. Her eyes had given up and she could barely stay awake anymore, making Snow snatch the letter away. She was scolded by Snow and was then ushered to bed.

Which Evelina couldn't agree more.

Once her head hit the pillow, Evelina was out like a lamp.

Emma chuckled as she heard Evelina snoring loudly.

"Tomorrow, before she goes back to slaving herself over that paper again, take her out for breakfast or something. She deserves some alone time with Mama Snow," Emma teased and Snow glanced quickly at her daughter before giving a nod.

"You should join us then," Snow said. When Emma was about to protest, her mother put her hand up to keep her from talking.

"It'll be good for Evelina to have some Big Sister time as well," she continued and Emma smiled while rolling her eyes.

"Granny's at 8:30?"

"Deal."

~

Evelina had a peaceful sleep. Her limbs were all rested and she was ready to take on the foreign piece of paper that had consumed everyone's lives.

Once she woke up the next morning, she rubbed the sleep away from her eyes and stretched her body. She walked straight to the kitchen table where she was about to sit down to start working again, only to be fairly interrupted.

"No, no, no, young lady. Don't start working just yet. Let's go to Granny's. Emma will meet us there for breakfast," Snow said to the young girl. Evelina frowned.

"But I just want to get this over with," Evelina complained while glancing at the paper scattered kitchen table. Snow shook her head and pushed the young girl towards the stairs.

"Go get dressed, Evelina. We leave in 20 minutes," Snow said and walked into the bathroom, leaving Evelina no choice but to obey her motherly figure, and change. She slipped on some black skinny jeans, with a plain, light blue t-shirt. Her feet were slipped into some high heeled black boots, and she threw her hair into a side French braid. She also placed on the black leather jacket Emma had gotten her for her 15th birthday. Once she walked downstairs Evelina saw Snow waiting for her.

"Ready?"

"I guess," she sighed and the two walked out of the loft. Evelina wasn't completely sure why she felt so down. She just knew she wasn't feeling her very best.

But nonetheless, Evelina walked alongside Snow White and they made it to Granny's Diner.

"Oh no," Snow suddenly said and Evelina gasped as she looked towards the diner.

It was trashed. Completely destroyed. The windows were shattered, the door was now a pile of useless wood, and the Christmas lights that used to hang about were crushed on the floor.

The inside was no better. The tables and chairs were no longer usable. The booth couches were slaughtered and the fluff was spewing out. The plates, pots, and glasses that were smashed crunched underneath their shoes as they stepped deeper into the diner. Food was also on the floor and it pained Evelina to see a half-eaten burger went to waste as it rotted away on the cold floor.

"I guess it's no mystery who did this," Snow whispered as she stared at the wall. On the wall, painted in something red was

NOT EVEN PAN CAN STOP THIS- LB

Evelina shivered.

"Do you... do you think its blood?" Evelina muttered. She couldn't seem to tear her eyes away. As Snow approached it, she dipped her fingers in the substance and sniffed.

"No. Not blood. It might be paint... Or ketchup," Snow said and she lightly licked her finger before spitting it back out.

"No, it's paint."

Evelina let out a breath of air, one she did not know she was holding in.

"Call Emma. She needs to see this."

~

Emma's eyebrows were scrunched as she stared at the wall.

"LB? What exactly does that stand for?" She asked and Regina let out an annoyed huff of air.

"It stands for Lost Boys, Emma," Evelina said before Regina could.

"Those cursed boys. Of course, they take out the one diner who had the guts to be open and now look at what happens," Regina snapped and glanced at the same burger Evelina had seen earlier, probably thinking what a waste it had gone to.

"It says not even Pan can stop this... what, does it mean they're going to rebel against Pan?" David asked and Rumple shook his head.

"I believe all this is a warning call, or simply a way to impact fear into our hearts."

Regina scoffed.

"Because there isn't enough fear already," she snapped and Gold gave her a look before continuing.

"They want us to believe that not only do we have to fear Pan, but also the Lost Boys. This is their way of showing how much damage they can poison us without Pan even being around," Rumple finished and Evelina nodded her head slightly. That sounded about right.

Evelina had never met the Lost Boys but now she was terrified to even think of them.

"Calm down, dearie," Gold suddenly whispered to her. Evelina noticed that soft, tiny snowflakes were beginning to drift from the ceiling. She groaned and immediately began thinking of happy, warm, loving thoughts.

When she opened her eyes again, the snow had disappeared, but everyone else had begun to argue. Evelina shivered when her eyes landed on the words again.

She knew trouble was just around the corner.

*unedited*