Chapter 23:That 'oh shit' moment

Arabella pov
Sabo held my hand as we walked out of his quarters, and went out on deck. As we walked, people were staring at us, I could even hear them murmur some things about us. Sabo would give me a sneaky glance, and would give my hand a squeeze.

"We're okay.."I whispered to him.

"Oiiiiiiiiiiii~! Bell!!!"

We quickly let go of each others hands when Val approached us. Her long silver hair was tied back in a low pony tail. She wore a silver tank top, a pair of white army pants and some boots that were tucked into her pants. The silver charm bracelet around her wrist jingled as she ran.

"Hey, Val."I said shyly.
She grinned."Beeeelll~! You're up & walking!"
"Hey, Valkiria."Sabo greeted.
"Hey, Sabo! So, how you two been?"

I smiled & giggled."Good.."I said dreamily.
"Ohhh I've never heard this tone before, Arabella! What have you two being doing in the shadows?" Valkiria laughed."Dating?"
We both blushed.
"Erm...."
"Well..."

And in a span of two seconds, Valkiria's violet eyes went wide, and her jaw was hanging.

"NO WAAAAAAY! YOU TWO ARE DATING!!! Oh my god wait until Dad finds out about this!"

As soon as Val mentioned Father, it took me a moment to dawn on the fact that I'm still technically on my mission to find the Poneglyph. I looked at Sabo with a worried look, then back at Val. She stopped laughing when she saw my look.

"Oh shit."She said.
"What? Whats wrong?"Sabo asked.
"Oh no!"I groaned."The Poneglyph.."
Sabo immediately caught my drift."They took the evidence about the Poneglyph away from you. Meaning..."
"We're still on a mission." Val confirmed with a annoyed sigh.
"Val, what are we gonna do? We can't go back to that island, because knowing the Marines, they would've done something to stop people from re-entering the Poneglyph cave."I said.
Val sighed."I dunno....at this point...really there's only one thing that we can do:tell Dad that we've failed the mission.."

I bit my lip, and stared down at the ground.

"But...what will happen after that?"I asked.
"What do you mean?"They asked.
"Well, Sabo & I...we're in a relationship now.."
Val groaned."Fuck! Why did this have to happen..?!"
Sabo held me close."We'll figure something out, but for now, we have to get our hands on a Transponder snail, and call your Father."

As Sabo went off to grab the Transponder snail, I felt a sense of dread settle over me.

'Whats gonna happen with Sabo & I now? I don't know if I can even stay with the Revolutionary army at this point. Father might not let me leave the assassin league so easily. Oh why did this whole Poneglyph thing have to happen?'

Val put her hand on my shoulder."Hey, we'll figure something out. I'm sure if we just talk to him, he might let you stay with Sabo & be a Revo."
"Thats what I'm questioning. Come on this is our Father that we're talking about."I said.
"We will sort something out, Ara. Trust me."

Sabo later came back with a mini transponder snail in his hand. He set it down in front of us. Val dialed the number, and we waited for Father to pick up.

Sabo pov
"Clank."

Then, I waited in anticipation for the voice of Arabella's Father. It was a full minute, before a low & deep voice with the same exotic Moonlight accent grumbled out:

"State your name & business."

Arabella stepped forward, and spoke fluently in that language that she could speak. Valkiria also said something in the same language as well.

'I have no idea what they're saying.'

For another moment, her Father was silent.

"So the Marines could've potentially sealed up the cave?"
"Yes, Father. I'm sorry that I couldn't retrieve the information, I really-"
"Arabella, it doesn't matter anymore now. If we can't get to it, then we can't get to it. Even if we went back to that island, the Marines would have the island heavily guarded because of the Poneglyph."
"Father, what happens now?"Arabella asks.

"I do not know, Arabella. I might have to assign you another mission-"

"Father, I'm sorry, but I need to speak to you about something that is urgent."Arabella said.
"How urgent is it?"
"Its...very urgent. Its about me personally, and my job."
"....Carry on."

Valkiria & I gave Arabella a encouraging look. I held her hand, and quietly kissed it. She breathed in, and out.

"When you sent me to the Revolutionary base to steal the plans, I was taken in, and worked with them to find the Poneglyph. But...but I have met someone; a man, I should say, whom I love, and who loves me as well. I want to stay with him, but I want your permission if I could stay with the Revolutionary army, and become one of them."

Her Father (which I later learned that his name was Dimitri), was silent on the other end. Arabella was biting her lip nervously, her eyes clenched shut. I held onto her hand.

'Everything will be okay.'

"Let me speak to this man. I want to know what he is like, and who he is. Tell me, what is his name, and what is his role in the Revolutionary army?"

"His name is Sabo. He is the Chief of Staff, and is the No. 2 of the army."She said.

"Give the phone to him. I request to talk to him in private."

Valkiria gave me a nervous look, whereas I swallowed my sticking saliva, and took the snail. I went into a different room, and sat down.

"This is Chief of Staff, Sabo speaking."I said.

"Sabo-san, I am Moonlight Dimitri. Leader of the Moonlight Assassin league, and Father of Arabella. Is it true that you're in love with my daughter?"

"Y-yes Dimitri-san. I love your daughter so much. I care about her, and don't want her to get hurt, or be in trouble. I'll watch over her till all comes to and end."

"Good, I'm impressed. I wish I could talk to you in person, but this would have to do. Sabo-san, I want you to promise me one thing:Stay with her, love her, be with her. I don't care if you're halfway across the world, but if you harm my daughter in anyway, I will find you, and chop off your Reproductive organ, and feed it to my dog, then throw you into the sea. You got that?"

"Y-yes, Dimitri-san! I completely understand. I wouldn't stop you either way. I'll take any punishment that I have coming."

"Good, I'm glad you feel that way. Well, I'm afraid I must take my leave now. I have something important to attend to. Take care of my young daughter, and make sure that those damn Marines don't get your army. Take care."

"Gatcha."

The phone hung up, and I left the room. Arabella charged up to me, and grabbed my jacket.

"Well?"She demanded."What did he say?"
I smiled, and hoisted her up into the air. She squealed, whereas I smiled.
"He threatened me, but otherwise, he's letting you stay, Ara."I said with a smile.