Chapter 52:Training

Sabo pov
The next morning, we bathed together, and cleaned everything up. I decided that maybe we should train, seeing that it has been a while since we have trained. Arabella seemed pretty keen on training, if I got her some fresh clothes, and at least four different types of shoes. I was confused when she asked about the shoe thing, but she said: "If I want to be a assassin, I've got to learn how to run & fight with even the most thickest heeled shoes."

After changing into my clothes, I ran off to Arabella's room, grabbed her a blue tank top, a pair of black work out tights, fresh underwear, socks & the requested shoes she wanted me to bring. I went back to my room, and handed her her stuff. Once she was dressed, we headed over to the training room (since it was too cold for Arabella outside).

"Alright," I said as I turned on the lights. "what are you gonna do."
She tied her hair up in a high pony tail, then grabbed a random sword. "I don't know.." She swayed the sword around. "Practice..I guess." She turned to me. "I sot of just came here because you were here...and I had nothing else to do."
"Well," I held her hips. "lets do something...hm?"

She twirled herself out of my grip, and held the sword to my neck. I raised my hands up in surprise, while Arabella simply smirked.

"And whats that something you propose? Dueling? Last time we fought a proper fight, we were both on the ground with at least two broken bones."
"Thats why people created the word 'careful', Arabella." I teased.
She rolled her eyes. "Quiet you."
"So...?"
She set the sword back in its scabbard. "Winner gets losers dessert for two weeks."
I smirked. "Now you're talking,"

She set the sheathed sword back in its place with the rest of the swords, then put on the new pair of dark blue ballet shoes I bought for her the other day. As she put one shoe on, she'd stretch the other leg with a complicated looking stretch. Once her ballet shoes were on, she stood up with natural perfect posture. Breathing in & out, she held out one hand in front of her, and created a glass bo staff.

"I swear to hell, if you go easy on me, I will re-kick your ass again." Arabella warned.
I chuckled. "I wasn't planning on it, Doll face."

Arabella pov
Once Sabo got his pipe staff thing, we stood a few meters away from each other. We were staring at each other down, waiting for who would make the first move.

'Good, I only have enough time to fully analyze this situation. Sabo doesn't have full control of his devil fruit powers yet. Note to self: Don't let his fingers touch the staff. He's fast...but is he balanced?'

I didn't have time to answer that mental question, as Sabo was running at me. I held the staff back handedly, and put one foot in front of the other, before sliding it across the ground till I was in a running stance. Once he was close enough, I gathered all of the power in my legs, and twirl jumped up into the air to dodge his attack. I quickly recovered, and swung my staff at him.

Our staffs clashed, and we were pushing against each other. Since I was in a very complicated stance, I was having trouble pushing Sabo back, while maintaining good balance. Sabo pushed me back with brute force, and went in for a hit on my back. At the last split second, I dodge rolled behind him. I quickly did a handstand, wrapped my legs around his waist, and flipped him onto the ground.

"Gah!" He grunted out.

As quick as I cold, I changed the staff into a sword, twiddled my legs around so that I had trapped his legs with my own, and completely pinned him down. I held the sword to his neck.

"Ready to give up yet?" I asked challengingly.
He smirked. "Good thing I know one of your weaknesses."
"And that is?"

Out of nowhere, my sword broke, breaking Sabo free. I was taken by surprise when he kissed me caringly, naturally I accepted that kiss, lowering my guard. Sabo smirked within the kiss, and pinned me down to the ground. When he pulled away, I felt dazzeled, gobsmacked & annoyed all at the same time.

"Me." He finished. "I'm your weakness."
I pouted. "Fuck you."
"Darling you would. And last night, I fucked you. Anyway, you give up?"
"What do you think?"
He chuckled. "No dessert for you for two weeks baby girl."

He got off me, and helped me up. We spent most of the day training together, so that we could improve our skills out on the battlefield. I helped Sabo improve on his balance by making him go tight rope walking with me.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" He asked.
I chuckled as I looked back & saw that he was still at the start. "If I can do it over a million times, then you can do it at least once." I held my hand out to his direction. "Just focus only on me. I promise if you fall...I will catch you."

Sabo pov
Arabella was all the way at the middle of the rope. She stood there, perfectly calm & balanced.

'How she's doing that? I will never know.'

I swallowed my fears, and took the first step onto the rope. I expected the rope to wobble as soon as I put my second foot onto the rope. I stood there on the rope, with nothing supporting me. I looked towards Arabella, who was smiling encouragingly at me.

'Just focus on her. Only on her.'

I blocked out everything around me as I made my way over to Arabella.

"Thats it...! You're doing it, Sabo! Almost there..Do it for the dessert!"

But just as I was about to take the next step, my footing messed up completely, and I lost total balance. I wobbled, and them finally fell off the rope.

"SHIT!" I swore loudly.
"SABO!"

For a moment, I was free falling. In my mind, I was betting on what's gonna happen to my body.

'I'd say I'm gonna fracture my tail bone.'

But then, I was hanging, like a thread. I looked down to the ground, and saw that I hadn't even hit it. Looking back up, I saw that Arabella was holding onto my wrist. She was merely hanging off the rope with only two feet.

"Sabo!" She gasped out. "I'm gonna swing you, okay?!"
I looked back down, then back up at her. "Okay!"

We began to swing so that we could gain thrust. Once we reckoned that it was enough, Arabella let go of me, and swung me towards the platform at the start of the rope walk. I landed on the metal platform with a solid thud, slightly winding me. Immediately, Arabella was by my side.

"Are you okay?! Breathe, Sabo, breathe!"
I laughed. "Holy hell that was freaky!"
She punched my arm. "Sabo! You seriously scared me there!" She cried.
I placed my hand on my cheek. "Hey, hey...I'm still here because of you. If you hadn't saved me, I would be on that ground down there with a broken body."
She sniffed. "I'm sorry, this is my fault."
I sat up. "Hey now, don't blame yourself! I had fun! I wanna do more of that!"
She sighed. "We'll do more tomorrow, I think we've had enough training for the day."