Chapter 36:The next step

(A/N:Lemon ahead! And oh damn Sabo you naughty thing! It should be illegal to be suddenly sexy as well!)

Sabo pov
We later got back to the base at three in the morning. By then, everyone was either half awake, or asleep in the kitchen or bedroom quarters. Strangely sleep couldn't fine me, or rather, I couldn't find sleep. I was the only one that was fully awake.

'Dragon-san should be asleep, looks like we're just going to have to report to him tomorrow.'

After unloading everything, I found that Arabella was as awake as I was. Her hair was messy, but her dress was spotless from any wrinkles, I immediately assumed that she must've slept in her undergarments.

Memories from the beach & what Koala said to me surfaced in my mind. Over & over I kept on thinking about what I should say to Arabella. Is she ready for the next step?

"Hey, Arabella.." I called.
She stopped & turned. "Yes, Sabo?"
"C-can we..can we talk for a moment in my room?"
She nods. "Yeah, sure."

We went back to my bedroom quietly. I lit up the candle lamp in my room for illumination. I put my hat on my coat hanger, along with my black jacket, while my cloves were seated elsewhere. I took off my boots, and say down with Arabella.

"Whats wrong, Sabo? Is it bad?"
I shook my head. "No, no. Its nothing bad....its just, I have a question."
"A question...?"
"Yeah....its about us."
For a moment, she was silent, but then answered with: "Carry on."

My nerves were pelting down all over me. I was finding it hard to form words suddenly, and I just so badly wanted to get it out, that I found myself spluttering & stammering a bit. Noticing this, Arabella put her hand on my lap, and gave me a gentle smile.

"Its okay...take your time. You've still got me, so no rush, right?"

I gulped. Here goes nothing.

"Arabella..." I said finally. "Do you trust me? I mean, really trust me with you."
"Sabo, you're confusing me-"
"Please just answer the question."
She sighed inwardly. "Of course I trust you with me. If I didn't, then why would we be together in the first place, am I right?"

"Y-yeah! Absolutely! Its just...." I looked down nervously at the blanket. "Its just...since what happened on the balcony & the beach..I just can't stop thinking about it." I gave her a honest look when I looked at her. "I didn't tell you the whole truth back at the beach. You see, I wanted to touch you fully, as in-" I bit my lip. "I wanted to have sex with you....I still do actually, and I felt like if I did it right then & there, I'd be ruining our relationship."

'Say it! Say it!'

"So Arabella, I was wondering....are you willing to take the next step with me?"

Arabella pov
"So Arabella, I was wondering....are you willing to take the next step with me?"

I stared at him for a long time, my heart beating rapidly in my chest. My hand was tightly clutching the bed sheet under me, and I was suddenly conscious of what kind of a body I had. I started to feel insecure, and I know I shouldn't be feeling like that, I have nothing to be insecure about...

But either way, I could see how much courage Sabo has put into asking me this. I wanted to smile. Not because he understood how he felt back on the balcony, but he had also restrained himself from going overboard so that he wouldn't ruin anything between us. And for that....I love him even more.

"Sabo...you're so good to me." I said quietly. "You do all these things for me, and yet I never give anything in return." I smiled softly. "I do..." I leaned in closer, my hands trailing to the buttons of his vest. "I do want to take the next step." I began to unbutton his vest. "And I want to start....right now."