Chapter 24:Arabella's new job

(A/N:Sabo's all like:Ace, lift me up like one of your French girls. Yes I do not regret making a Titanic reference, *jumps off a cliff while pulling the finger*)

*couple days later*

Arabella pov
We later arrived back at the base, with everything in tow. Everyone was rushing around, trying to get the rest of the injured off the ship, and inside to the infirmary. We also had to sort out how Val was gonna leave the island.

"We might have to talk to Dragon-san about the both of you."Sabo said.
I nod."Yeah, thats going to have to happen as well."
"There's also the thing about me knowing where your base is..." Val added.
"We'll deal with that later." Sabo said."But for now, we just have to focus on helping the injured out. Do you both have medical experience?"
Valkiria pointed at me."This guy does!"
I rolled my eyes."Show me the patients."

And so, I spent the next two hours running around the base, helping out the doctors & patients. While I was doing that, Sabo & Val had gone off to talk to Dragon-san about transport, and where I'm supposed to be staying.

'There's so many injured people here. I cannot believe the Marines have this much power. If we're gonna over throw the government, then we have to do something & fast.'

"Thank you so much, Moonlight-san. We all hugely appreciated you helping us."The old medical lady said.
I bowed."Its not a problem. I'd do anything to help any allies & comrades in need. Is there anything else I could help you all with?"
The old lady smiled."No no, you've already helped us enough, dear! You run off now, and spend some time with the Chief of Staff." She winked.
I blushed."T-thank you, Obaa-chan."

I left the hospital wing of the base, and found Sabo leaning against the wall outside. He had taken his hat off, and was holding it by his side. He looked up & smiled at me when he saw me come back.

"My woman of wonder is back."
I giggled, and kissed his cheek."Everything sorted?"
"Yeah. Valkiria is going to be leaving tomorrow. Whereas you have to go & talk to Dragon-san."Sabo said.
"Oh, is it bad?"
"Nah, its mainly talking about what your job is going to be around here & your schedule. Nothing to bad." Sabo said.
"Well, if thats the case, I'm gonna go shower now, and then I'll meet him."I said.
Sabo kissed my cheek."Okay, I'll tell him right now. You can go on & do that now. Dragon-san also said that you're gonna have a new bedroom that'll have a work space like mine."
"Well, lead the way, Captain."

I watched as he smirked, and shook his head as we walked. Note to self: Call Sabo a captain, it puts him in a better mood.

'Probably because he likes the idea of being a captain since he was a boy.'

Sabo lead me to my new room, which is exactly ten doors down from his room. The new bedroom was a couple squares bigger than Sabo's, while the office connected to my bedroom was a tad bit smaller than Sabo's. They were both bare & lifeless, showing that I definitely need to go out & buy my own belongings....again.

Sabo left, and I had a shower. When I got out, there was a fresh pile of the old clothes that I left here, along with some other stuff that I left. I smiled, knowing that Sabo was the one who left them there (since there was a adorable love not sitting on top of my stuff). I grabbed & put on a pair of black ankle tights, a black skater skirt, a dark blue sleeveless turtle neck shirt, and a pair of black mini heels. I tied my hair up in a low pony tail, and left my blue fringe on my forehead.

"Presentable? Check. Courage? Check. Okay, I guess I'm ready."

After doing a final touch up with some lip gloss & perfume, I went down to Dragon-san's office. As I walked along, I could feel some guys checking me out. The whole time, I was thanking myself for wearing tights on underneath my skirt. Later when I walked inside the office, I found Sabo & Dragon-san talking. They both swivel around to look at me. I almost smirked when Sabo did a double take at my appearance, and wiped his nose with his thumb, then watched me closely.

(A/N:You know, like how guys do that thing when they're checking girls out, and they like nudge their mates, and rubs their nose with their thumbs. I think thats what guys do.....right? I dunno, I'll shut up now)

"Ah, you've made it, Arabella. Its great seeing you again."Dragon-san said as I sat down next go Sabo.
I chuckled, folding one leg over the other."It definitely is great to see you again as well, Dragon-san. I'm glad that we can meet again."
"Are you doing well? You seem to be healing up quickly."
"I'm doing better, thank you."

We spent a couple of hours talking about things. Sabo would catch my eye every once in a while, and would blush.

"So, you're going to have a new role to the army." Dragon-san said.
I smiled."I'm excited, Dragon-san."
"Thats a relief."Sabo joked under his breath.
I rolled my eyes at Sabo, and let Dragon-san carry on.

"Your new job, Arabella, is that you're going to be working as a Fighting instructor with our children. You'll have up to two-three class per day, resulting in up to 21 to 14 lessons per week. Classes usually run for an hour each day." Dragon-san explained.

I grinned."Thats spectacular! Thank you so much!"
"It is nothing, Arabella. I'm especially happy that you've come back."
"Well, I'm especially glad that we've got her back."Sabo chimed in.
"Yes I can tell, Sabo. Your glowing. Literally."

It took us both a moment to realize that Sabo's shoulder was on fire. He let out a loud colourful word, and quickly diminished his flames. I had to look away so that they both couldn't see how hard I was giggling. Hell, even Dragon-san was smiling.

"Okay okay,"I said."now that thats come & pass, I'm sincerely grateful for this job. I won't ever let you down, or so damn my soul to hell."
"Glad to hear that from you, Arabella. Oh & one more thing,"He rummaged through his desk, and handed me a file."this is just a file about the children, and other important things. For now, you're both dismissed."

Sabo & I stood up, and we bowed to Dragon-san respectively, then left his office. I squealed when Sabo whisked me up into his arms, and ran down the hall.

"Sabo?! What the hell?!?"
"MY WOMAN HAS A JOB! MY WOMAN HAS A JOB! GOD DAMN I LOVE HER!" He yelled out to the world.
"YOU'RE SO EMBARRASSING!"I whined out loud.

He laughed as he held me up into the air, then dipped me to the ground. He was panting heavily to my face, and had the 'hopeful & loyal puppy' look on his handsome face. I grinned when I saw that people were watching us. I grabbed Sabo's top hat, covered our faces then kissed him hard.

(A/N:*much movie cliché* *such SaBella* *very cringe*)

He pulled away."Fuck," he swore to my face."am I really embarrassing?"
I slapped his arm when he stood me up."Oh my god, you're such a woman!"
"What does that supposed to mean?!"
I kissed him again."Nothing that you should worry about, Blondie. You're not embarrassing."
"Wait, am I a woman-"
"Sabo."
"Sorry."