Chapter 55:Tell 'em about yourself

Arabella pov
I slid the alliance deceleration to my Father, who plucked out a black fountain pen from his shirt pocket.

"So has this been signed by Monkey D Dragon as well?" Father asked.
"Yes. The only thing you have to sign is," I pointed to a part of the paper. "this part."
Father nods. "Yes, okay."

As Father signed the declaration, Sabo looked like he was looking for something to say. I smiled to myself lightly, and placed a careful hand on his thigh. He tensed as I teasingly rubbed his thigh.

'Come on, say something to him, Sabo.'

Val cleared her throat. "So how have you two been?"
"Great." I answered. "Its almost been a year now since we've dated."
Mother smiles. "That sounds absolutely marvelous, my Bell."
"It only seems like yesterday that you started your first mission, Arabella." Father muttered as he put the pen down.
I rubbed the back of my neck. "Oh how the shift of time."

Val looked at Sabo. "And you, Sabo? How have you been?"
"I've been great, thank you Valkiria-san."
Mother smiled. "We sure do have a lot to talk about, Sabo my dear. But do not stress, they'll hopefully be good things."
Sabo blushed in response.

"Well then," Father said. "it's all been signed. You have yourselves a alliance."
I grinned. "Thank you, Father. Dragon-san will be glad to know that this has been done."
"Now lets move onto something more important now." Father looked at Sabo. "Young man, tell me about yourself-"

"Father, not to be rude, but you sound like a crazy stalker." Val cut in.

I inhaled a quiet laugh when Father rolled his eyes at Sabo.

"You know what I mean." Father carried on.

Worriedly, I looked at Sabo, who stared off with thought. Reason why I felt worried, was because of Ace. I know that he still feels sensitive about everything that happened with Ace..

"Well, where shall I start?" Sabo muttered.
"Hmm...your family, perhaps? Where you come from?" Mother suggested softly.

No one else noticed, but I did. I noticed the small flinch that Sabo made with his finger. He's trying really hard right now.

'Sabo, there's no other way to avoid the question.'

"I come from East Blue. I wish I could lie, but I can't: I'm the son of a world noble, and I will admit that I wish that I wasn't born a noble. Where I came from...the people of my kingdom-Goa kingdom, were horrible. They tried to get me to marry, but I ran away...I was ten." Sabo then smiled. "It was how I met my brothers, Portgas D Ace, and Monkey D Luffy."

Val & Father raised their eyebrows, while Mother placed a hand over her light pink lips.

"You three are all brothers?" Mother asked.
"Yes, but not by blood, but that doesn't matter. What matters is, is that we exchanged cups of sake, and we officially became brothers years ago. But..." He placed a hand on his scar. "I got involved in a terrible accident."

Sabo then went on, and explained about him & his ship being shot down by a Celestial Dragon, his amnesia for the rest of his years, then regaining it & learning about Ace dying, then finally reuniting with Luffy.

"Wow..." Mother whispered. "Darling.."
"Then after that," Sabo smiled at me. "I met Arabella. When we got back from Dressrosa, she attacked us."
Father chuckled lightly when he saw me blush. "My sincerest apologies about that."
"Its okay now. Thats in the past. Besides, if Arabella wasn't sent to our base by you, then I wouldn't have met her, and we wouldn't all be talking right now." Sabo said, then he chuckled. "But I will admit this now...I tried to eliminate her brutally. I almost beat her."
I rolled my eyes. "Come now, Sabo, everyone knows that I almost beat you."
"Anyway, carry on."

"And well, after we captured her, and helping her...I couldn't help myself. Your daughter here is a really beautiful woman, inside & out. She's helped me in more ways than one. And I love her intelligence, how strong she is, loyalty to her peers & just..everything. Every inch of her, I love."

I was blushing so hard right now. Hell, there was even some stray tears here & there. I covered my nose & mouth with my hands. Val wrapped a arm around me, and grinned down at me.

"I think you have yourself a keeper." Valkiria whispered to me.

"Is that so..?" Father asked.
"Y-yes."
Father then smirked. "Then prove it to me. I want you to prove to me how much you really love my daughter."