Chapter 53:Alliances

Arabella pov
A knock sounded at my door.

"You may enter." I called.
Sabo walked in.
"Oh hey, whats up?"
"Dragon-san wants to see us." Sabo said.
"Oh? What about?"
He shrugged his shoulders. "He just said that he needed to see us right now."
Sighing, I stood up from my seat. "Very well. Lets go, then."

We left my office, and headed over to Dragon-san's office. After knocking on the door, he let us in.

"You wanted to see us?" I asked.
Dragon-san looked directly at me. As we sat down. "Arabella, your Father called, and requested that he forms a alliance with us."
My eyes went wide. "W-what?!"
He nods. "He called in this morning. I told Dimitri-san that I accept his offer. Now don't get me wrong, its not because of the fact that he's your Father. I'm doing this for the fact that he'll help us over throw the government. Do I make myself clear about that?"
I nod. "Of course. I understand completely."
"Good. Well then," Dragon-san hands me a form. "you & Sabo can take this to him. Dimitri-san is waiting at Ohashi island with his wife & your sister for the contract for them to sign. I would do it, but I have other matters to attend to."

"A contract...?"
Sabo nods. "So that your Father is sworn to agree to the terms of our alliance."
"Oh..."
"Now that this is settled, you're both dismissed." He hands us another small sheet of paper. "On there is the coordinates from here to Ohashi island. Go as soon as possible. Dismissed."

"Thank you, Dragon-san." We said in unison as we bowed.

Once we left, I looked over to Sabo with a worried expression. He stared at the brown ground. He had that face that he makes when he's thinking something through with intensity. His eyes would harden at the floor, a little crease would appear at the bridge of his nose, and he would have a small angry pout like formation on his mouth. Gingerly I placed a hand on his shoulder, which made him come straight back down to his body on Baltigo.

"Sabo...?"
He shook his head. "I...I'm meeting your Mother & Father, what the hell am I gonna do?!"
I made him face me, and put my hands on his broad shoulders to keep him in place. "Sabo, if you're really worrying about that..then everything will be fine. I know that my parents will love you. Either way, I don't really care if they try to separate you from me, cause I'll just run straight back at you. Just...be you. Be the you that you want to be, and don't act like a totally different person." I smiled encouragingly. "And besides, I'm here."

He nervously bit his lip, and sighed inwardly. "I..I dunno."
I gave him a look. "Sabo, don't be like that. They will love you! Val loves you, and I love you!"
"But your parents are two different people! I-I don't know how to act in a situation like this." He looked behind him. "Maybe-"
"Sabo you're overreacting!" I said curtly. "Stop it. Please. I really want you to meet them, it'd make me so happy."

"Will it really?" He asked quietly.
I nod. "Yes!"

*timeskip*

Sabo still seemed a bit nervous about meeting my parents, but he eventually manned up. Before I even knew it, we were already at least 30 minutes away from Ohashi island.

"We'll be arriving soon, Miss." The ship captain said.
I bowed. "Thank you. I'll be with the Chief of staff if you need me."

I found Sabo out on deck, looking out at sea. I joined him, locking my arm in his. He tensed slightly upon my presence, but let out a small breath.

"Sabo...you've been acting strange since we got out of the office...is this about meeting my parents?" I asked.

"Its just...." He started. "I feel like that when I meet them, they're gonna steal you away from me."
"Now why would they do that?"
"Didn't you say that your Father took Val-chan back when he found out that she became a Marine? Arabella, what if that happens to you? What if he doesn't want you to be in the Revolutionary army anymore? What if....what if he-"

"Val didn't become a Marine by choice though, I told you she didn't want to be one, but that Smoke guy captured her & made her be one for like what? A month or so until Father came & got her? Sabo, this is entirely different to whatever you're thinking about. You were standing right next to me when I called him that time, when I was begging him for me to become one of you. And what did he say? He said yes. Really, you're freaking out about nothing, Sabo."

"Sorry...I see what you mean now." He said with a sad sigh at the end.
I leaned my forehead on his shoulder. "You're okay. Now come on, we should start to prepare for dock."

Sabo pov
I followed Arabella to our quarters so that we could grab our gear. While she wasn't looking, I would snip glances at Arabella.

'I guess she is right about before, I am freaking out over nothing! I just need to step back, and calm. Be myself!' I smiled to myself. 'And besides, even if we're forced to be apart, I'll still run back to her, no matter how many times I have to do it.'

Just as Arabella was about to leave the room, I grabbed her wrist, and pulled her to me. She looked up & gave me a confused look in her pretty blue eyes. I pecked her forehead.

"Thanks, sugar." I whispered to her.
"Not a problem at all, Sabo."

And so minutes after we docked, we left the ship, and went off to find the rest of the Moonlight family.

(A/N:Sorry that this chapter is so late! I was actually binge watching Shadowhunters last night on Netflix, and then really today, I kind of forgot to update..)