Chapter 46:Promo

Sabo pov
Days later, we arrived back at the army base. Arabella & I immediately reported to Dragon-san about what happened in the mission, and the file that we retrieved from Itami-san. We both watched as Dragon-san quickly skimmed through the files, then placed it back on his desk.

"So...you're telling me that Dolor was in fact Miss Double princess Itami?"
Arabella nods. "Yes. Its pretty much the reason why it took so long to get back, Dragon-san. I have personal ties to Itami...so, I felt shocked when I found that she was alive this whole time."
Dragon-san hummed. "I should have done a background check when I first heard of the name Dolor. So you're telling me, that The Double princess has two names, and is technically not human?"
"Yes, Dragon-san. Itami-san is Half Shinigami, and half Siren. Her parents were royals of both species, hence why she got her epithet." I said.
"From what I can remember, Shinigami are born with two names:A human name, and a Downworld name. Itami is her human name, and Dolor is her Downworld name. No one knew of her Downworld name, so I guess it is why she changed her name." Arabella added in.

Dragon-san was nodding his head, listening attentively to us both. Once we were all finished explaining everything to him about our mission, Dragon-san had stood up.

"Excellent information m, you two. I'm proud of you, Arabella. You've greatly contributed to this & every other mission that I've handed you." Dragon-san said.
"Its alright, Dragon-san. I'm willing to help if it means that I'm actually helping you overthrow the government somehow." Arabella said happily, making me smile at her.
Dragon-san nods. "Arabella, I would like to talk to you." He looked at me. "Sabo, you're dismissed."
I bowed to Dragon-san. "Thank you very much. Excuse me."

I left the room, quickly giving Arabella a smile to her as I left. I leaned myself against the wall outside, and took my top hat off, placing it by my side.

'I wonder what Dragon-san wants to talk to Arabella about. Maybe its good news?'

Arabella pov
Sabo gave me a smile as he left the room. Once he was gone, it was only Dragon-san & I in the room. He motioned for me to take a seat as he sat down in his own. I perched myself onto the comfy chair.

"Is there something wrong, Dragon-san? If there is, I'll try harder to improve." I said reassuringly.
Dragon-san shook his head, a smirk on his face. "No, no...nothing is wrong at all, Arabella. All is right. You're doing a amazing job."
"Thanks."

Dragon-san went through a drawer in his desk, rummaging around until he found what he needed. He flopped a file onto the desk, and slid it over to me.

"A...mission?" I asked.
"No, no...its a job promotion."

My blue eyes went slightly wide, and my heart jumped as soon as he said that.

"A-A promotion?!"
He nods. "Yes. Figuring that you've been doing a excellent job with the children, and the missions I've been sending you & Sabo on. I'm promoting you to be our assassin. I know that you used to be one...but.."
I smiled. "I'm happy either way, Dragon-san! I'm so thankful for this promotion! I promise that I won't let you down!"
Dragon-san grinned. "As always, I'm glad that you're happy about this. Anyway, the missions that you'll take will be assigned by me. You'll find that your mission info will be on your desk, so it'll be best if you start checking your desk regularly for anything. Dismissed."
I bowed enthusiastically. "Thank you!"

I left the room with a skip in my step. Sabo immediately noticed this as soon as I came out of the room. I jumped into his arms, almost making him lose his footing.

"Whoa whats up, sassy m'lassy? You seem...springy."
"I got a promotion! I'm a assassin now!" I cheered.
Sabo's sapphire blue eyes went wide. "R-really?! Wow Ara, I'm so happy for you!" He pecked my lips. "Thats amazing!"

I giggled. "I'm just happy that Dragon-san thinks that I'm worthy for this promotion!"
"Oh come on, you are worthy for that promo! You're just so....strong."
I sighed happily, leaning my head on his chest. "You're stronger....Captain." I purred the last part.

He chuckled in my ear, chills running up & down my spine. "Say that again...I love the sound of that."
"Cap~tain..."
He held me tighter, playfully licking the shell of my ear. "Hell, sugar...why must you do this to me?"
"Because I like to tease you."