Chapter 74:Ultrasound scan

Arabella pov
The next day, it was time for everyone to leave, and go back to whatever they were doing. As soon as we got back to the base, I slept for a good solid 3 hours. After that, I had to go in, and have another Ultrasound scan, this time, Sabo is coming with me.

I looked over at Sabo, who seemed pretty excited. "Man, I can't wait to see our twins!"
I grinned. "Same here. I'm kinda nervous."
"Why?"
"I dunno, I guess its a Mothers instinct." I said absent mindedly.
Sabo gave my hand a squeeze. "They'll be fine, Ara. I'm sure they're going to be healthy when they're born."

'I hope so.'

We walked inside the doctors clinic, and immediately found my midwife/nurse. She sat me & Sabo down, and ran through with what she's going to do. Later, she came back with the Ultrasound device thing, and fired it up.

"So, are you ready?" She asked.
Sabo & I looked at each other with a smile, holding hands. "Yeah."
Our nurse chuckled. "Alright then!"

I shifted when I felt the device on my belly. It felt cold, but it was the good type of cold, if..that makes any sense. I looked up at our screen, and felt myself smile as soon as I saw our twins.

The midwife chuckled. "Well, it appears to me that your babies look as healthy as they can be!"
Sabo grinned. "They're so big!"
I wiped away a tear. "Maybe they'll be tall like you?"

Sabo chuckled. "Excuse me..but can you tell what gender they are?"
Our midwife rolled the device around on my belly. "Well...kind of? Although, its not certain that that'll be their gender though. But from what I can tell, they're both girls."

It was Sabo's turn to let out a couple tears of happiness. "I get little princesses!"
I sniffed, and stared at the screen

'My god...I haven't even met you two, and yet I love you both so much..'

Our midwife looked at us. "So..have the two of you settled on their names, yet?"
"Oh yeah." Sabo answered. "If they were going to be twin boys? Karma & Tiberius, but if they were going to be girls? Vasilissa & Regina."
"Have you both thought about more children?" She asked.

I looked at Sabo, who nods enthusiastically.
"Yes, we have." I answered. "We want at least four to three children."
Our midwife smiled. "How wonderful. I'm sure the pair of you will become the best parents for your kids."

Then suddenly, a felt a small tap from within my belly. We all looked, and saw that the twins were kicking at my belly. We all couldn't help but laugh, as they were vigorously kicking me now.

"Seems like they're nearly ready to leave." I commented.
"Well...their due date should be around the lines of next week, on the 15th of December. So from now on," she looked at Sabo. "I want you to be extra aware of her. From this point onwards, she could have the twins at pretty much any moment. In other words, stick close together, and now, Sabo, you are to not go on any missions. Don't listen to what Arabella is saying, you're not going anywhere."
Sabo nods. "I wasn't planning on going anywhere at all."
I had a small smile. "You're stuck with me now."
"Always have, always will be."

We wrapped up our session, and left the clinic. Sabo & I held hands as we went down to the dining hall for dinner. Tonight for dinner, it was spicy burgers, accompanied by wedges. When we found a table (or should I say tables, because Sabo's eating 20), we sat down & ate.

"Well? Now all we have to do is wait." I said.
"Mmmhmmm!"
"God..its gonna be painful."
He put his hand on mine. "Its okay, I'm here. I'll try & help."
"When the day comes, Sabo...please stay with me?"
"Why are you asking me that? Of course I'm going to stay with you."
"No..I mean...after the babies are out, help me stay awake-"

"Arabella, no. Don't imply that you're going to die after they've been birthed. I can't let you die."
"Sorry..I'm just a bit nervous.."
"Its okay to feel that way..but you won't die. There's no way you're getting away from me that easily."