Chapter 72:Alarming

(A/N:Okay so those who have read Russian Doll will know. Anyway, I named Sabo's Mum Belinda, because it'll be annoying just to keep reading 'Sabo's Mother over & over again each time she's mentioned)

Arabella pov
Immediately, I kicked myself to defense mode. I knew of what sort of people Sabo's 'so called' family are like. I looked at Sabo & Luffy, who looked like wired up cats, all big eyed & aware. Sabo caught me staring at him, and he bit his lip.

'What are we gonna do?!'

Sabo's family stood. Stelly, Sabo's adopted 'fake' brother, was taller than Sabo by a couple of inches. Sabo's parents were shorter than Sabo, and were probably the same height as me. As soon as they were close enough for talking, I felt their judgmental stares burn on me.

Finally, Sabo's Mother) forcefully) politely smiled.

"Sabo, my dear! H-how wonderful to see you again." She looked at me. "And I see you have a nice young woman in your grasp? My name is Belinda, what about you."
My jaw set. "Arabella...how pleasant it is to meet you."
Stelly snatched at my hand, and kissed it. "What a fine name, for a beautiful young lady, my name is Stelly..."
"And I am Sabo's Father, Outlook, the third."

Of course, I could easily tell that their kindness was feigned. Sabo's told me numerous of times about how he hated being born a noble, and how he hated where he came from-Goa Kingdom, and how he hated his parents & Stelly. He doesn't even consider them to be family anymore.

I looked at Sabo as we lead his family to mine. He had his hands balled into strong fists, and he stared straight ahead with a strong & angry gaze.

'Oh, Sabo..what are we gonna do?'

"Ahem...Miss Belinda, Sir Outlook & Lord Stelly...this is my family. This is my Father Dimitri, my Mother China, and my older sister, Valkiria." I looked at my family, and spoke to them in our native language.

"Mama , papa , Val'kiriya , pozhaluysta, priyatno sem'ye Sabo , v oni grubo, no igrat' eto kruto . Eto yego mama , Belinda yego otets Outlook III i brat yego Stelli."
(Translation: Mum, Dad, Valkiria, please be nice to Sabo's family, they're rude, but play it cool. This is his Mum, Belinda, his Father Outlook III & his brother Stelly)

My parents looked at me with hidden shock, while Valkiria stared at them suspiciously. Finally, (looking like he held back a sigh), Father stepped up & offered a handshake.

"Ah yes, it's a outright pleasure to meet you all. As Arabella said, I'm her Father, Dimitri."
Mother put on a façade. "My name is China. I am very happy to meet all three of you."
Val wiped off her slow growing scowl. "Yes, it's nice to meet you. My name is Valkiria, but call me Val."

They all exchanged more pleasantries. I checked up on Sabo, and found that he looked like he was going to snap. Quickly, I cut in.

"A-ah if you excuse Sabo & I, we have to take care of something important."
"Oh, okay. Well if you need us, we will be chatting by the window balcony."

We left, and I dragged Sabo away to the empty kitchen. When I shut the door, Sabo was staring into the sink, gripping the edge.

"S-Sabo?"

Suddenly, there was a pan that was on fire. I suddenly felt a little bit scared, and cupped my hand over my lips.

"Why are they here?!" He grumbled out loud.
"Sabo.." I whimpered out. "Can we just talk for a moment? I know you're upset, but lets just..talk."

The flames on the pan died down. The pan was burnt black from the intense heat there was from Sabo. Sabo ran a hand through his hair, and was violently gritting his teeth.

"They know full well that I wasn't really their son! I was just a tool for them! And yet they're back! What the hell...."
I stood in front of him. "I know how you're feeling, Sabo. What we need to do, is to at least make them feel..welcome."

He looked at me as if I was crazy. "WHAT?!"
"I know, I don't like that idea, but if we do this, then they might leave us alone. After all, they probably can't last a day without being in Goa. Just...at least smile a little bit, please? This is our wedding, we should be happy." I cupped his cheek. "Please, Sabo?"

He sighed, and hugged me. Tears of anger streamed out.

"I really, really don't want them here. They're horrible. I wish....I wish I wasn't born a noble."
"Its okay...I'm here."
"I'm sorry..." He murmured. "I must've frightened you." He kissed my head. "I'm a idiot.."
I smiled sadly. "I am okay now. It was only a little shock, but its okay." I looked up at him. "Shall we go outside now?"

Sabo nods. "Yeah."

We left the kitchen, and threw out the pan that Sabo burnt. We walked back inside where the party was, and found that people were crowded around a circle. I could hear squabbling & loud arguing. Sabo & I looked at each other, before we charged in.

"HOW DARE YOU INSULT ME & HER-LET ME GO! LET ME!"

'Itami.'

"What you just did with that woman was highly inappropriate! Love should only be between males & females, not females with other females et cetra!" Stelly yelled.

Sabo & I pushed through the crowd, and we found that Stelly was on the ground, Outlook & Belinda caring for their 'Golden child'. I saw that Itami was being held back by Zoro, Robin & Ussop. I looked around for Aoi, and found that she was being held back by Nami, Koala & Sanji.

What about Itami, you ask? Her hair that was up in a mohawk braid was undone, and curtained down her face. Her emerald eyes that usually hold compassion, were blazing with a death glare so deadly, its made a few people faint.

"What is going on in here?!" I yelled as I stepped out into the scene.