Chapter 29:Picnic with Amaya

*half a month later*

Arabella pov
And so, the week from hell started. I'm not talking about getting my period, I'm talking about having to deal with Little Miss Brat face. Like, when Sabo & I are trying to have a day to ourselves, she'd somehow pop up out of nowhere.

Example 1:
Sabo & I are out on a cute coffee date. Guess what? Brienna just so 'happened to be there' doing some shitty shopping.

Example 2:
When Sabo comes down to talk to me when I have spare time from instructing, she tags along.

Example 3:
She calls for Sabo to see if the 'weapons are up to standard'.

"Sabo, have you even talked to her?" I asked one day.
"I have!"
I narrowed my eyes."I get this feeling that you're letting her off easy. You need to be upfront with her."
"But-"
I gave him a sharp look."Sabo. Do it before I do something about it."

And then, Sabo would sigh & sit there quietly. Nowadays, he starts to get all huffy at me. Slowly, I was starting to lean towards actually telling Brienna to fuck off myself.

Anyway, so today I decided to go & visit Amaya in the nursery side of the base. As I went down to her room, the kids would run up to me, and would greet me with big grins & demands for hugs (because apparently I smell nice, and because I'm very huggy). Later, I went up to the reception, and talked to the lady that was taking care of the kids.

"Ah, good day Arabella-san. What can I do for you?" The office lady asked.
"Hi, I'm here to see Morgenstern Amaya." I greeted.
The office lady got out a notebook, and went through it."Oh yes, Morgenstern Amaya. I'll get her to come down. For the time being, do you want to sit down & have a coffee."
I nod & smile."Yes thank you, Hazelnut coffee thanks."

I sat down in a seat, and waited. The office lady handed me my coffee, and soon, Amaya skipped into the room. Her pink hair was left down, and she wore a cute yellow summer dress with a pair of white sandals. As soon as she saw me, she ran up to me, and hugged me.

"Arabella-ne!"She cheered.
Giggling, I hugged her back."Hello, Amaya-chan. I absolutely love your dress."
She stepped back & twirled."Thank you! It was a present from Kotori-chan! Isn't that amazing?!"
I chuckled."Yes, yes! Now come on,"I pulled out a picnic basket."we're having a picnic outside."

*short timeskip*

We set up our picnic outside. Usually its pretty wind outside the base, but today it was calm. I laid out our blanket, and set up our paper plates & food. Amaya had sparkly eyes as she stared at the food that I made for us.

"Yuuuuum!"
"Lets hope that its as tasty as it looks. It took me a while to make all this."
She giggled as she grabbed a angel cake."I bet its gonna be delicious, since its made by you!"

'Oh Amaya you sweet cupcake.'

We spent a good few minutes, talking & eating. Amaya told me a whole lot of gossip that's apparently going around in the classes. Some was even pretty crazy, and probably wasn't even met for girls & boys her age.

"Thats some good gossip there."I agreed.
Amaya nods as she wiped away some crumbs."Yeah.....hey, Arabella-ne?"
"Yes?"
"Is it true that you & the Chief of Staff are in love?"She asked.
I smiled & nod."Yes, it is true."
She gasped."Wooow!" She then giggled. "Lucky! What is he like? I've heard soooo much about him!"

I looked off into the distance with a dreamy sigh.

"He's probably-no, he is a gentleman, and a bit of a dorky doughnut. He's oh so very sweet to me." I explained with a dazed smile.
"I think that he's handsome!"
"Ooohh yes he is! Don't tell anybody this, but after a few months of knowing Sabo, I thought that he was a Prince."
"I think he is! All of the girls are crushing on him, its kinda funny."
I groaned."I have even more competition now!"

"Eh? Is there someone who wants the Chief as well?"
I nod."Yeah, and she's not a very nice person. Her name is Brienna, and she works with the weaponry storage unit."
Amaya made a face of realization."I know her! She's a witch!" Amaya stood up."One time, she was teaching my history class, and she made us clean the entire classroom, while she went out & smoked. And I directly quote:" She stood like Brienna & mimicked her voice."I don't have time for brats."

And for once in a while, I laughed really hard. Amaya had Brienna's voice & posture down like a pro! She too joined in on the laughing, then ate some more Ginger slice. I sat her down in front of me, and started to braid her hair.

"You've got to promise me one thing, Amaya-chan."
"Of course!"
"Promise me that you won't be like Brienna." I said.
She held up her right hand to the sky."I promise!"

After braiding her hair into a triple plait, it started to get a bit dark, so we went back inside. The receptionist came to us, and smiled when she saw Amaya's hair all braided up.

"Your hair looks absolutely gorgeous, Amaya-chan."
Amaya grinned."Thanks! Arabella-ne did it for me!"
I knelt down to Amaya's level."I'll see you around, Amaya-chan."
She hugged me."We gotta go on more picnics!"

As she broke off from the hug, I put a hand behind my back, and glass crafted a glass rose necklace. Although it hurt, I added colour to the rose, so that it'll look prettier. Sneakily, I clipped the necklace around her neck. She looked down, and gasped happily when she saw the necklace on her.

"Its so pretty!"
I gently tapped the rose."Its for you. If you ever feel alone, that glass rose is there for you. Since the glass is apart of my body, I can sense how you're feeling."
Her bright yellow eyes beamed up at me."Thats amazing! Thank you, so much!"
Gently, I kissed her forehead."You're precious to me, Amaya-chan. You're my Pink Diamond." I sighed."Now I'm sorry, but I must leave."
"Thats okay. I'll see you in class, Arabella-ne!"

With a final smile & wave, I left the office, and went down to Sabo's room, so that I could check up on him. I went through into his office, and found that it was empty, apart from the papers on his desk.

'He must be in his room.'

I took the door knob in hand, and twisted it. Inside his room, it was dark. I could make out that Sabo was on his bed, cuddled up with a body pillow-

Wait.

He's never had a body pillow.

I quietly lit up a match, and lit up the oil lamp. My eyes shattered when the thing that Sabo was cuddled up to, was in fact Brienna.