Chapter 45:Dead girl walking

(A/N:We're continuing on from the flashback)

Dolor/Itami pov

*flashback*
Groaning, I woke up & found myself underneath a sheet of cloth. I looked around, and jumped when I saw Ace. Tears formed as I remembered everything. Shimming over to him, I cuddled his lifeless body. I cried & cried into his body. Each time I looked at him, I'd half expect him to open his eyes, and flash me his dashing, handsome smile of his. Then I'd wish that he was just trapped in eternal slumber.

"Ace..." I cried. "I wasn't strong enough for you! I couldn't protect everyone!" I sobbed. "Please....I need you..! You make me strong! I-If you're not here-"

I stopped blubbering when I heard a door open. I stayed absolutely still as I heard footsteps pace around the room that I was in. Soon, they were right next to me. I had bit my lip, so that I wouldn't let out a cry. A hand landed on my butt, and I wanted to scream.

"Its such a shame...that a couple like those two had died." A man sighed. "They were absolutely perfect. He was handsome, and she was both sexy & beautiful." I quickly shut my eyes as the cloth was taken off us. "It was simply romantic when they died side by side."

'Died...? But, I'm alive? Aren't I?'

A cold male hand stroked my cheek, making me almost flinch.

"You know, Miss Princess, a lot of men wanted to fuck you real good. And I will admit, I myself still do." His hand traveled further south as he spoke. "And hell...even though you're dead, you still look so damn hot."

His hand went under my shirt. My heart was pounding fast, and I was trying my best to hide my tears. He later found my bra clip, and had unclipped it.

"Good thing...I'm the one who gets to look at your body for autopsy before you & Fire fist are buried together."

'This...IS THE FINAL STRAW!'

Immediately, I sprang up & whacked the man to the ground. Before he could recover, I pinned him down on the ground, with my hand over his mouth & a knife to his neck.

"Oh? Is that so? You must do this a lot, huh? Fuck the dead so that you can forget about your sad, lonely life?" I licked my lips. "I mean, I will admit myself, I am attractive, but I don't want your grubby hands all over me." I held the knife closer to his neck, drawing blood. "Now tell me...what the fuck happened to me. And I swear to Roger, if you scream, I will kill you with my bare hands."

I had a firm grip on him as soon as I took my hand off his mouth. His dirty, alcoholic breath fanned all over my arm, making me wrench with disgust a little bit.

"As soon as Fire fist died, a man dressed in black came up behind you, and stabbed you in the back!"
"What else?!" I demanded.
"I-I don't know! All I know is, is that everyone presumed that you were killed...so-"
"Did he have a weapon of some sorts? A scythe?"
"Y-Yes! A green & black scythe! Please let me go-"
I cut him off. "You're now a dead man."

A loud crack sounded in the room once I crushed his skull. I dropped him to the ground, and turned to dead Ace. I wandered over to him, and kissed his stone cold lips a final time.