Chapter 10

About a month had passed and neither Hiroshi or Hiro had touched Tony again.

Every night Haru climbed into Tony's bed claiming he had a bad dream, but he knew what was going on. Once Tony was asleep Haru stayed awake and he often saw his elder brother or father open the door to Tony's room. Once they saw Haru in there though they were gone.

Haru was doing this to protect Tony, the exact same thing happened to his nanny a little over a year ago. He hadn't seen his nanny since then, she hadn't quit she just stopped showing up.

Haru knew why Tony filched at people's touch, he knew why Tony avoided other people's gaze. Haru may only be five but he's not dumb.

The same thing happened to his nanny just a year before hand, she had gone missing though, no mentions of leave, no letter or resignation. She was just gone. In fact she had stayed in the exact same bedroom that Tony now occupies.

Tony had been doing great at school, he had made friends with most of the host club. He often played pranks with the twins, as long as the pranks didn't hurt anyone. Honey became like an elder brother figure, someone that he could rely on. Mori he didn't really talk to much, he was just a friendly presence. Tamaki became the eccentric uncle who daunted too much on his kids. Haruhi, who he eventually found out was a girl, became a great friend and who knew she had such great advice. Ritsu had become his best friend, they spent most of their classes just goofing off and having fun. And Kyoya, well Tony didn't know how to feel about Kyoya but he had become a great friend none the less.

At the minuet the club was just finishing up and everyone was ready to go home. That was until Tony popped a question.

"So, do any of you know where an animal shelter is?" The seven other hosts stopped what they were doing to look at their new member.

"Why do you want to know that?" The twins asked at the same time. Both of them put an arm around Tony's shoulders.

"It's, Haru's birthday in a few days and I told him I would buy him the best present ever." All the hosts knew who Haru was. Often on days after school and during the club he would come by to see Tony and hang out with him.

"Well there's one in the town we could show you it this weekend?" Kyoya informed.

"That would be great, if you don't mind?"

"Not at all, what kind of father would I be if I didn't help out my precious on in his time of need!" I think you all know who said that.

"You!" A new voice interrupted from the door of the club. Standing in the door frame was a young man with slick black hair, glasses covering his eyes and a nasty look carved into his face.

"Oh hi Hiro." Tony awkwardly smiled trying to go as far back into the background as possible.

"Don't 'oh hi' me, what's this I hear that you're hanging out with my brother."

"Well yeah, he often comes by after school to help out here." Tony replies desperately trying to hide behind someone. The other members just look on is wonder of what was going on.

"I told you the first time that we met, stay out of my way. But now I'm telling you, stay away from my little brother."

"He's the one that comes to me, he doesn't want to wake you or your father when he has nightmares, so he comes to me instead." Tony started rubbing his arm and looking down to the floor.

"Stay away from him, Tony. My dad is getting very pissed that he's around you so much, and remember what he said about your mother."

Tony wanted to say something, anything, but he couldn't. Looking up from the ground he caught Hiro's gaze and quickly looked back at the ground, Hiro meant business and he wasn't going to back down.

"Fine, I'll leave him alone, I'll send him away at night, stop him from coming here. I'll leave Haru alone." Hiro seemed to get some satisfaction in the boys defeated look.

"Good. See you at home, Tony." The other boy walked away a smirk played on his face; he knew he had won.

Small tears escaped Tony's eyes, he daren't look up at the other hosts. He quickly grabbed his bag and headed for the door.

"Thank you for offering to show me the animal shelter, but I think those plans should be cancelled." He then swiftly left the room and closed the door behind him.

"That's it." Kyoya suddenly set in motion.

"What's what, Kyo-Chan?" Honey innocently asks. Kyoya instantly holds up a photo of Tony before he got to Ouran and after.

"What's the difference between these two photos."

"Well in one he's wearing the schools uniforms and the other-" the twins began but was suddenly cut off by Tamaki.

"You noticed it to mommy." Kyoya nodded and motioned for the price of the club to carry on. "His eyes seem duller, like something happened to him or broke him inside. We all know he's a pacifist so he won't fight or fight back against anyone, even if it means his own protection."

"Yes exactly! And from what Hiro Asumi has just said, I gather they are using information of him mother against him." Kyoya wen into his detective move; he needed to find out more to help the young Detroit boy.

That night Tony really did turn Haru away. So when Hiroshi came for a quick visit he was mildly pleased that his youngest son was no longer they, to him things were back on track, the way it should be. So while Tony was sleeping he made his way over to the bed, but not before locking the door. He was now a mouse in a cats trap and not a dumb cat like Tom, nor a smart mouse like Jerry. A normal game of cat and mouse where the cat always wins.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hellosies,

I'm really sorry, this is way over due but it's now my summer break and I get 10 weeks off. I spent last week in Cyprus in a privet villa with my parents and aunty and uncle. We had a wild time, I think I wore everyone out in the pool. Insert nervous laughter here.

Anyway that's the main reason I didn't update, the villa didn't have any wi-fi. So I could update.

Ooo and I almost forgot, who should Tony end up with? OC? Tamaki? Honey? One of the twins? Kyoya? Ritsu?

I'll let you all think on that and vote for who it should be!!! Anyways...

TTFN!!!!!!