Chapter 33 - Finale

The trial had gone swimmingly. Tony had blacked out for most of the trial and had only spoken when he needed to. Hiroshi had been given a life sentence with no bail, his mother's trial wasn't much better. She had been taken to a care facility so she could get the medical attention she needed. Tony had never realised his mother had suffered from so much, she had clinical depression, suicidal thoughts and tendencies, and multiple personality disorder. Cassandra kidnapping Hiro and Haru whilst off her medication had a big impact on the jury, but they had sympathy for her and sent her to get treated in a safe environment than throwing her in jail.

Tony sat on the benches outside the courtroom. He couldn't go outside because of all the press waiting for him. He needed to clear his head, what was going to happen to him now? He can't stay with Kyoya any longer, that would just be imposing himself. He couldn't do that to Kyoya, not after everything he had done for him, he couldn't become a burden.

The seat next to him was suddenly occupied but a friendly face he had dearly missed. His red hair was unmistakable, he smelt like an ashtray. Jonny didn't say anything, he didn't break the silence. He simply pulled Tony into a side hug. Tony for the first time in so long allowed himself to feel all those negative emotions that were festering under his skin. He turned into Jonny's chest and cried. He wailed. He balled his eyes out, he soaked Jonny's shirt. All until he no longer had any tears left to shed.

"My mom and I've been talking, why don't you stay with us for a while? My mom also what's to ask you something but she'll ask when all this shit is finally processed." Tony could only nod. He followed as Jonny led the way out the back of the building, away from the press and reporters. There was a car waiting for them.

The ride went by in a blur. Tony was in the moment dozing in and out of sleep during the ride and had taken up to using Jonny's shoulder as a pillow. They soon came to the Ootori residence and while leaving Tony in the car, asleep, Jonny went to collect his things.

As Jonny left the house Kuroko followed behind happily, knowing that he was going to see his owner again.

The ride back to the hotel was again quiet. Tony was not waking up for anything, he slept like a rock or a boy that was dead. They were only on the first floor of the hotel, the boys could easily share a room, so he mustered up the strength and picked up his best friend while he slept.

The next couple of days were a mixture of emotions. Tony was slowly getting used to living with Jonny and his family, which wasn't hard since they've known each other a while. And then dealing with the emotions that concerned his mother, his only living relative now being in a psych-ward. His mother was his pillar of support for such a long time and now with her suddenly gone, he didn't know what to do or think. She was his shoulder when his father died, vice versa for her. They had been together through thick and thin like when he first got his art portfolio together, she pointed out all his strengths and what needed work. She taught him painting techniques that had been passed down the family. She was his mother, his mom.

Life had thrown the biggest of curveballs at Tony. It battered and bruised him. But he still stands.

It only took a week for Jonny's mother to ask if he would like to officially become apart of their family. All he could do was hug her. Jonny was soon enrolled into Ouran and after summer they had started their second year together. Though Jonny had to learn a lot of Japanese over the holidays, and Tony was more than happy to teach him.

The host club loved that they had gained a new member, Tony had stepped down from hosting for a while and instead did anything else, serve the tea, make a proper website for them. He became their photographer and the pictures he took were instant hits. 

Tony had started a new photography portfolio and now planned to go to college after high school and further his education in photography and learn the field. Kyoya had helped him create the portfolio. Now that Tamaki and Kyoya were in the third year they had less time than they expected but always had time to spare for their family of the host club, and with Mori and Honey gone they had left a big hole in their family. They visited often enough though.

Tamaki had taken to scouting the first years for potential host club material. Kyoya had been teaching Haruhi how to handle the financial side of things. Getting ready for when they inevitably leave.

Wish Tony luck for this weekend though, it's his and Kyoya first official date, it's going to be the first of many.

_________________

Hello!!

So do you ever get that random burst of energy at like three am and realise of god I've wasted my life and then decide to do something productive? This is that. 

It's the finale yall!! Thank you everyone for sticking with this story for so long, It's taken me four years to write it and I'm so pleased with the response it's gotten!! You all are simply amazing, and this is most likely to be my last Ouran book. This has been really therapeutic to write, and although some comment has given me anxiety and panic attacks I don't regret anything.

My next projects though are to rewrite some stuff, such as my YuGiOh stuff and to maybe create a rant book. My anxiety has been spiking and I have no outlet, I've been told its best to just rant it out. Also trying to write a western to get published since everything else I've written has been rejected. 

I wish the best of luck to you all!! You have all been amazing and I love you all so much!! Have a great one!!

TTFN!!!