Chapter 31

Blondie, Jonny and Marcus were walking the streets of Taito City, they daren't go too far away from their hotel, they've already gotten lost four times today. After the so-called 'wedding', which put their friend in a position he should have never been in, they were asked to stick around and give statements, they were also under suspicion. They were asked questions by the detectives that were completely outrageous, they asked if the boys had a hand in Cassandra meeting Hiroshi, and then Cassandra leaving. The boys were sickened to their stomachs at the thought of someone thinking that they're the reason Tony was up shits creek without a paddle.

"Haven't we already been this way before?" Johnny piped up. They looked around the street, they were at a crossroads just outside a medical supply store.

"We have," Marcus announced, "we've circled this block twice now."

"We should probably head back to the hotel, it's getting late." Blondie noticed that the sun was nearly set and not being a fan of the dark offered his suggestion.

The three boys made their way back in the direction they thought the hotel was in, though with none of them being able to understand Japanese they found it difficult to read the signs or to ask someone. They ended up wandering for half an hour before they even saw the sight of their hotel.

"Guys," Jonny spoke up as he stopped moving his feet just outside of the hotel, this got the other two's attention, they stopped as well and turned to their friend, "so, I've got something to admit," he took a nervous breath, "well, two things to admit really."

"Jonny, you ok bud? You look really pale." Blondie looked him up and down, Jonny had just turned two shades paler and was swaying on his feet.

"Let's at least get you inside, we can sit in the lobby," Marcus suggested, Jonny simply nodded and let his friends guide him to the closest seat.

In all honesty, Jonny's stomach was in knots, his mother had spoken to him the night before, she had told him of her plans and of something that happened, she thought he and his friends should be aware of. When his mother had spoken to him, it had left him gobsmacked. The three friends sat in comfortable silence waiting for the redhead to speak. In that time a waiter that recognised the boys had brought over their usual drinks.

"So, my mom said somethings to me last night, one of them, one of the things she said made me remember why she is my hero, the other thing just made me want to punch something, so do you want the good thing first or the bad thing?"

Blondie and Marcus took the chance to look at each other, both of them were hunched forward and had their brows creased, clearly worried what the redhead had to say. "How about the good news first," Blondie spoke up, he placed a hand no Jonny's knee in hopes that it would be reassuring to the other boy.

"So, Mom, she told me that she's been talking with a solicitor, she's planning on adopting Tony, if Tony agrees that is, she just thinks that he needs stability and people that are familiar."

"So Tony, will, like, become your little brother! Your mother is an absolute angel! Can I marry her?" Blondie was babbling, hope had filled his heart.

"Sorry B, I don't think my dad would like his missus marrying another guy," the friends burst out into laughter like they had before shit had hit the fan, "that's not all, Mom has fallen in love with Japan, she's got her eyes set on this really nice house in this really good area, heck its not that far from Tony's school that he was going to."

"You're migrating to Japan too?" Marcus inquired.

"It looks like it, I mean dad's minted in that respect so it'll be no problem for us to move, he's also offered to hire Veronica and me a Japanese tutor." Now Jonny hardly ever mentions Veronica, she is his older sister and to him she completely intolerable. She got on his case for so many years when he started smoking, and not just cigarettes. Honestly, she was the complete opposite of Jonny, so different that many that met them thought that one of them was adopted. Alas, that was not the case, Veronica looked more like their father, with silky brown hair and eyes that could be mistaken for pools of honey. Whereas Jonny looked more like his mother, bright red hair that teacher got on his case for, thinking that it was dyed and pools of blue eyes, they were so dark one would think you would be diving into the deepest part of the ocean.

"How do you feel about this buddy?" Marcus asked, he always knew the right thing to ask.

"Honestly, I see Tony as a little brother anyway and if this is more comfortable for him I would do it in a heartbeat."

"But we're not allowed to be in any contact with Tony yet." Blondie sunk down in his seat. He was fed up with the situation they were put in, he could only imagine what Tony had been through, but he could also imagine Tony was fed up with it as well. It all seemed to be going on longer than necessary. Just put the guy in prison already and let Tony live with Jonny. It wasn't that hard. "What's the bad news?"

"Mom got a call last night, it was from Cassandra."

"That fucking bitch! What'd she say?" Blondie all but screamed, he didn't want any more attention on them then what there already was. I mean their three teenage boys sat in a hotel lobby and the drinks they're drinking could look suspiciously alcoholic, plus they were three teenage boys that were talking about something completely serious, which in most cases was a rare sight.

"She said that that the police found where she was hiding with that guy's kid, they're bringing her back to the city and she's also going on trial for kidnap, neglect and child endangerment. If the court finds her guilty then she'll serve her time here and not back home." They had fallen into silence. It was the shock of the statement that had stolen their words, she was being held at the station, waiting for trial.

The next day Tony was told the facts about his mother, the new evidence, he was also in stunned silence. He didn't want his mother back in his life, not after she left. But what about Hiro and Haru, what would happen to them in all of this, would a family member take them in? But they were all just as messed up as Hiroshi, none of them apart from Daisuke had tried to stop the wedding. There was a whole new load of variables that had just entered the formula, to the point that Tony's mind was spinning. He needed to relax, he needed to compose himself, in a couple of days was the trial and then this whole thing would be over. Tony could go back to being happy, he may never be the same person he once was but at least it would be over and he would smile again.

____________

Hola,

How are yall? Fun fact I wrote this instead of sleeping cause my mind is trying to cripple me with anxiety. Also if any of you have the option, don't grow up, it fucking sucks.

I hope you all enjoyed the chapter, the trial is next and there's gonna be some major trigger warnings, a lot of this are gonna be discussed that you might not be comfortable with, so I'm gonna warn you all.

Have an amazing day!!

TTFN