Chapter 29

Tony woke up groggy. He simply wanted to turn over and go back to sleep. His bed was that lovely warm temperature that can make you so sleepy that you never want to wake up again. Then there was a pressure on his chest, someone was holding him down. Was all that a dream, was escaping that mister all an illusion his mind made up?

He slowly peeled his eyes open, afraid of what his sight might bring him. He looked up, the ceiling, he was still at the Ootori residence, he looked down. On his chest laid his best friend, Kuroko the Husky.

"Geez Kuroko, you scared me." He breathed out. He gave out the biggest sigh that could be heard, the tension and fear left his body. He raised a hand to pet the growing pup. Kuroko was somewhat bigger now, longer gangly legs, and a lot of extra skin he was yet to grow into. "You know you're supposed to sleep on your basket right?" The pup just let out a whine and nuzzled his head further into the blankets. "So I spent god knows how much on that basket for you and you rather be on the bed, I can't really complain can I?" Kuroko let out a huff as his answer.

The was three rasp knocks at his door, a maids voice could be heard from the other side. "Master Detroit, there is a telephone call for you, do you wish to take it downstairs?"

"Yes please, Moriko, I'll be down in a few minutes." There was footstep leading away from the door signalling her departure.

After that he quickly got ready, going to the bathroom to shower and get changed. He tried to avoid the mirror, he hated his reflection because it was no longer him. Since he left Q Manor his eyes had brightened to the colour they once were, his hair return to the glossiness it once was. The only thing that hadn't come back was his wonderful tan, it took effort and a lot of sunburns to get that kind of tan, now it had gone all to waste.

He eventually stumbles out of his room, Kuroko not far behind him. He reached downstairs and headed into the lounge to use the phone. Moriko takes this as a chance to open the back door to let Kuroko run and stretch his legs.

Tony heads into the living room and picks up the phone. "Hello?"

"Ah, Mr Detroit, I hope you're doing well, my names Hoshiko Kunisada, the Ootori's hides my partner and myself to be your lawyers for your case." The woman on the other end of the phone sounded professional but also tired, like she had stayed up way too late and had a jug of coffee a few hours later to keep her awake.

"We met the other day, right?" He asked trying to picture the woman.

"Yes we did, I'll cut to the chase, new evidence has come to light and we need to talk to you as soon as possible."

"What's the new evidence?" That alone had piqued his curiosity. He had given his full statement to the police, so unless there was a new witness, there was a new victim that had been uncovered.

"That we can't discuss over the phone, does tomorrow work for you?"

"Yes, it does."

"Excellent, myself and my partner, Seishin Zato will be at the Ootori residence by midday."

"Thank you, ma'am." The phone hung up after that. He put the phone back in its holster and leaned back on the couch, relaxing to the quiet of the house for a moment. Of course, the moment wouldn't last, as the fast pitter-patter of tiny paws ran on the tiled surface of the floor. A sudden floofy ball barrelled into his torso, knocking the wind right out of him.

"Oof, Kuroko, warn me next time." The dog simply whines and licked the side of his face. His tongue was hanging out of his mouth and he had a daft grin on his face. "You know, you're nothing like the character I named you after." That earned Tony another little bark.

The front door opens and closes. The sudden sound shocked Tony for a brief moment before he realized other people live here as well.

"Tony, it's good to see you up and about." He twisted himself so he could look over the back of the couch to view the other character of this story.

"Oh hey, Kyoya, how was your morning with your police force?" He wanted to keep the curiosity out of his voice but the team had been further investigating Q Manor.

"Nice to see you up," Kyoya smiles and sits in the sofa next to Tony, "the search was somewhat uneventful, though we did find some new evidence which has already gone to your lawyers."

"Anything you can tell me now?" The little sparkle in Kyoya's eye spoke of mischief.

"Not yet, that's for the lawyers to tell you." Tony huffed and fell back into the sofa, not realizing he had sat further on the edge in anticipation.

Kuroko made a whining noise, disliking the fact that the attention was not on him. "You're such a fussy dog," Kuroko's response was looking up at his owner with big puppy dog eyes while his head was upside down, "you're adorable and the terrible thing is, you know it." That caused the tail wag, it was fast and heavy, wafting in Kyoya's face every time it lifted.

"I hope the staff here have been accommodating for you." 

"Very much so, I just hope that they don't mind Kuroko being around." 

"I'm sure they don't mind, in fact, I haven't seen them this happy to work in a while, I think Kuroko is to thank." At that Kuroko jumped off the sofa, crouched down in a play stance and barked at Kyoya.

"You've done it now, he wants to play," Kyoya looked at the other boy with a look of mild horror, "what's wrong?" 

"I've never played with a dog before." Tony burst out laughing.

____________

Hellosies!!

It's been a while, I wanna apologize for that. Uni happened, which wasn't great, too much stress, too much confusion. Then I almost got a boyfriend, HA, that did not go well, we met online, we were chatting for two months, I wanted to meet him more in person, but then on our second meeting he joined me and my friends for a night of drinking at my flat, which ended in disaster, he had too much to drink and broke down crying in my room telling me every little thing that wrong with him from possible MPD, suicidal thoughts and using me and his very old dog as his dependency and he wasn't trying to get any help. It was too much for me for a first boyfriend so I told him I'd rather stay friends like he said he would be cool with a week before this, then he blew up in my face, sent two giant paragraphs that were completely childish and he was trying to guilt-trip me. I don't think I'm going to get over that for a while. 

More things have happened to put me off writing anymore, like the fact that Wattpad has brought in a credit scheme that some people won't be able to afford for reading a book, I thought this site was for free reading and free writing.

I won't mention any more of my problems. I hope you are all well, you all have my love and happy pride month!! 

TTFN
xxxx