Chapter 2: Competition Day!

It was the day of the competition and I spent last week exactly how I said I would. Editing videos for the Grumps. I even stayed up late to finish making sure the videos were ready to be put up. I almost forgot what game this competition was for until I saw the millions of signs that we passed on our way here.

The building was enormous. Filled with hundreds, maybe even thousands of young teens and preteens with nothing better to do with their lives. Spending hours playing this mind melting game. I was ready to get this over with. We had to stand in a ridiculously long line just to register, and I was getting pretty angsty. I started jumping up and down to get all of the unwanted energy out of my system.

"You okay, Jasmine?" Danny asked me, standing right next to me.

"I mean I'm fine but I just hate long lines, like I don't even know how people do this. What if they have to take a piss? Like, you can't just stand here all day. It's literally impossible."

"Gotcha, I feel the same."

"You seem so chill about it though."

"I'm used to it," he said winking at me.

A chill rushed up my spine. I never really talked to Danny, in my two weeks of working with the Grumps, but he seemed like a cool guy. I mostly talked to Arin, Suzy, and Barry about editing stuff. I was never really near him so it kind of made it impossible to say anything to him.

"Hey guys we're almost to the front," Ross screamed so all of us could hear.

"Aren't you excited?" Arin said in the most sarcastic tone you could possibly imagine.

"Hell yes I am! It's fucking World of Warcraft!"

"You are such a nerd."

"Aren't we all?"

"Some more than others," Barry joined in from behind us.

"Man I can't wait to sit in front of a computer, lose this stupid tournament, then go back to my life sitting in front of a computer all day," I said.

"Don't worry. Once we get in you guys'll have lots of fun," Ross said as we prepared to be at the front of the line.

After what seemed like centuries later, we were at the front. Each of us got a name tag that we wrote our names on. Of course, Dan and Arin drew penises next to theirs. I wasn't even surprised. We also got our room number for which room we would all be playing in. Thank god we all got the same room, since we were all together in one group. We spent what felt like hours trying to find the room until eventually Ross decided to just ask one of the staff members who proceeded to tell us that we look a little too old to be here. We ignored his remark and stood in yet another line outside of the room.
As soon as we got into the line, we ran into a familiar face.

"Hey, Mark!" Ross exclaimed.

"Oh hey guys!" Mark said turning around. He just so happened to be standing right in front of us.

"What are you doing here?" Ross asked nonchalantly.

"The same thing you guys are doing," he said laughing.

I hadn't really met Mark before, so I wasn't surprised when he asked me for my name. I often saw him at the Grumps place recording videos, but never said anything because I didn't feel the need to. I had to say though, he was quite the attractive guy, dark hair, kinda short with glasses, and a voice that literally sounded as if it could melt butter.

"Well it's good to see you here, Mark!" Suzy said from behind Arin.

"It's good to see you guys too."