Chapter 12: A Night to Remember

There were string lights decorating the walls, candles on a table, and flowers. Truly a dream come true.

"And one more thing," he said as he walked to the wall. Suddenly the lights started getting dimmer. "It's more romantic that way. Come on, let me show you to your table. Even though there's only one table and it couldn't be more fucking obvious which one it is."

I laughed a little and took his hand as he lead the way. He pulled out my chair and I sat down and continued to admire the atmosphere. It really didn't feel like the office, it felt like so much more. I really couldn't believe that Danny had done all of this for me. I mean he probably had some help, but it still amazed me.

"May I say, you look even more beautiful in this light. Not that you didn't look beautiful before, but it's just something about this lighting and the way it hits your face..." his voice trailed off.

"Why thank you, you still look as handsome as ever," I pushed a stray strand of hair behind my ear, waiting for what Danny had planned for me this evening.

"Bonjour madame and monsieur my name's Arin and I'll be your handsome waiter this evening," Arin comes out from somewhere speaking in what I assumed to be a French accent. It was quite amusing for me and I couldn't help but let out a small chuckle. Danny looked like he was gonna crack up too.

"Hello- I mean bonjour monsieur Arin, what's on the menu for tonight?" I wanted to play along and Danny seemed to be enjoying everything
because he had a huge grin on his face.

"Well madame, I can make a mean chicken parmesan and that's about it."

"Oh well, we'll take two of those then," I told him, proud of myself for 'ordering' for the both of us.

"Excellent, can I also bring you both some water?"

"That would be nice, thank you," I seemed to forget this was Arin by this point.

He left the room which meant it was just Danny and I. Then, Suzy comes out of nowhere and turns on what I assume to be 'romantic' music. So these two were the ones that helped Danny put all of this together, I liked it, it really showed that he truly did care after all. She turned around and looked at us, while making eye contact with me and I thought I saw her wink for a second. Then, she scurried back to where Arin went, leaving Danny and I alone for a second time, this time hopefully for good, at least until the food was done.

"Well I hope that's enough of-"

"I HAVE BROUGHT THE WATER," Arin said, carefully bringing us two glasses of water.

"Thank you that'll be all for now," I said kindly, although I was getting slightly annoyed with Arin and Suzy constantly interrupting even though I knew it was all with good intentions. He bowed his head and left for what I had hoped would be the last time for some time.

Danny laughed and I turned to him.

"Is this not bothering you in the slightest?"

"Not really, mostly just because Arin's making a huge fool of himself and I love it. Is it making you upset, I'm sorry if it is, I didn't mean for everything to be like this..."

"No, no, I'm not upset at all! I find it quite amusing actually, I mean they're my friends too. I just thought we'd get more, I don't know, alone time you know?"

"I gotcha. Well we can't really do anything after this since it'll be dark and Barry will be asleep."

"I mean it's fine I don't want you to go through any more trouble to keep me happy, and anyways I'll see you pretty much everyday. I work in the same place as you, remember?"