Chapter 29: "I've gotta ask you something..."

A/N: Get ready. 

I hear the soothing sound of my annoying as hell alarm wake me up from my deep sleep. I couldn't really sleep last night and I had hoped to God that I didn't bother Danny. I reached over to grab my phone and checked the time.

"Oh fuck," I muttered.

"What's wrong?" Danny asked in his highly erotic sounding sleepy voice, turning over to face me.

"I'm late. The Internet people are gonna be there in 30 minutes." I got up from his bed and proceeded to gather my things, which I forgot that I had just thrown randomly on the floor of his bedroom when I got here last week. It amazed me that Barry didn't know about this, I mean maybe he did, but chose not to mention it, or maybe he thought I was sleeping on the couch. Either way, it wouldn't matter after today anyways.

"Oh shit, okay then. Are you coming to the office today?" He asked me as I continued to pack my clothes away.

"I don't know... maybe. I kind of need a break, like I just need to go home and sit for a little while. Sit and do absolutely nothing, just think about things."

"Okay that sucks, but I'm fucking determined to get you to stay here permanently."

"That sounds nice and all, but how would Barry feel? You have to consider his thoughts and feelings before any action is actually taken. Sorry if that sounded harsh, but it's a big step, Danny." I finished packing the last of my things and grabbed my bags.

"Yeah I know it is, but it's just that I like seeing you all the time. I want you to be around 24/7. That would truly make me the happiest fucking guy ever."

"It would make me happy too, trust me. I've gotta go now. I wish I could stay longer, but I'm already hella late."

"Okay, I'll tell Barry you said bye. Oh wait, aren't you forgetting something?" He said, holding out his arms.

I gave him a hug and he gently kissed the top of my head before I grab everything and get ready to leave. I paused before walking out the door.

"Oh shit I forgot. I'm gonna need a ride, Danny. Either you or Barry can do it, but I don't know if he's awake right now, he seemed pretty fucking tired last night."

"Yeah trust me, he usually wakes up before me. It's like his thing, so he would've been awake by now. Come on, I'll take you. After all, it's not that far and I could probably get back before he actually does wake up."

"Oh thanks, Danny! I am forever in debt to you."

"No you're not. You liking me is enough."

~

We had a fun drive there as we usually do, singing along to Danny's favorite songs. Not gonna lie though, I did look a few of his favorite bands up just to become more knowledgable on them when I first heard him playing them in his car. I'm sure it just made him even happier since I did that, he wouldn't know anyways.

It even surprised me when we got there because I'd forgotten how short the drive there actually was.

"Well here we are, my lady."

"Wow, you make it sound like I'm never coming back. Like we're never gonna see each other again."

"Yeah, I probably am, but any amount of time that I'm apart from you is time wasted." 

I was blushing so hard that I had no words. 

"I'll text you later, Danny," I said as I got out of his car with my things and finally entered my apartment after a week.