Chapter 21: A Nice Little Stay

A/N: Sorry this chapter took so long! Life got in the way, and by life I mean school for the most part. But nonetheless, here it is! Hope you enjoy! 

I woke up to discover that my Internet had stopped working properly. This was going to be a huge problem for me as I sometimes did some of my work at home. I usually only did work at home if I was bored or almost finished with something, but it was time to leave work so I couldn't finish it there.

I called the internet company and the only time they'd be able to come and fix everything was next week! I couldn't go an entire week without internet, so I had to figure something out in the mean time. I guess I'd go to work as usual and tell everyone my situation there.

When I got to the office, it was pretty calm as usual. Suzy was at her desk, working hard on something, Barry had his headphones in, maybe editing. Ross gave me an evil look as usual, I proceeded to flick him off and walk away. Arin was kinda just... staring at the wall, but that didn't surprise me honestly. All that was missing was Danny, he was probably around here somewhere, but I wasn't gonna go and look for him since I was really anxious about what would be happening in the coming week.

I was too upset to do any work at the moment and everyone else in the office was busy doing their own things, so I just went and sat on the couch. I put my hoodie over my face so it would appear as if I was sleeping. A few minutes later without me noticing, Danny appears in the room and plops himself on the couch next to me. He leans over and quietly asks if anything is wrong. From under the hood I mumble, "I'm okay for the most part but my Internet sucks right now and won't be fixed till next week."

"Aww that sounds awful, I couldn't really hear what you said, but I'm assuming it's awful."

I remove my hoodie from my face and sit up.

"I said, my internet sucks right now and won't be fixed till next week which is actually pretty terrible for me considering that I like to work at home sometimes and such." 

"Oh shit, that is bad, I'm so sorry. He paused for a minute before speaking again, as if he was coming up with an idea. "Hey wait. Why don't you come stay at me and Barry's place for the time being? I'm sure he won't mind."

"Danny, that's such a nice offer, but I'm pretty sure Barry won't be okay with that as much as you would. Plus he doesn't know..." I finished the sentence in a whisper. Even though I didn't know what the last part was implying because it's not like we would be having hardcore sex every night or anything.. It's not like there was always PDA happening. 

"Jaz, Barry's such a nice guy, you guys are friends I'm sure he won't mind. Plus it's only for a week. Come on, I'll go and talk to him." 

I desperately wanted to refuse, but Danny was going to continue to be persistent and I couldn't resist his breathtaking eyes.

"Ugh, fine, but don't be upset with him if he says no, cause it's really not that big of a deal." 

"WHAT'S NOT THAT BIG OF A DEAL?" Ross screams as he walks by Danny and I. 

Surprisingly, I wasn't as startled as I would normally be. 

"I would say your face, but we know that's not true." 

"Good one!" said Danny, proceeding to give me a high five in the process. 

Ross rolled his eyes and walked away, how typical of him. I thought about us actually being friends in the future and the thought made me shudder. 

"Okay, now that that's over, I'm gonna go talk to Barry," Danny said, patting my shoulder and getting up from the couch. 

He walked across the room to where Barry was, still with his headphones in, hard at work. I was incredibly surprised that he hadn't heard anything that just happened in the past five minutes, or maybe he did but he just didn't care, which seemed like a more plausible answer. He took his headphones out as Danny approached him. I didn't want to stare at them, but somewhere deep inside of me I secretly wanted Barry to say yes, which I would be able to figure out his answer by his facial expressions. 

I sunk lower on the couch, so I could still see Barry and Danny talking, but they could barely see me, or so I thought. They seemed to be in a small argument, but Danny was persistent. I couldn't really hear them, but Barry seemed annoyed, and kept glancing in my direction. At one point he appeared to be looking right into my eyes, which scared me, even though Barry and I were friends (and editing partners). 

Danny's POV: 

"Hey Barry?" I asked, tapping him lightly on the shoulder. He took off his headphones and looked up at me. 

"Yeah, what's up, Dan?" 

"You're friends with Jasmine right?"

"Of course I am! She's so cool and nice, also she's not that bad at editing. What about her?" 

"That's great! She is amazing isn't she? Well she likes to work at home and her internet is out for a whole week, so i just thought that maybe she could stay at our place until then? If that's cool with you?" 

"I mean normally I'd say no, but since she's really nice I'm sure she won't make a total mess or anything, and you guys aren't fucking so I won't have to worry about that." 

His last sentence made me a little uncomfortable. "Haha... yeah." 

"Ahh, I'm just messing with ya! Sure she can stay! I would tell her right now, but I don't think she can hear us, even though I can see her hiding on the couch over there." 

"Oh my fucking god, thanks dude you're the best! I owe you one!" 

"No, Dan you don't. You already do so much for me and every one of us as it is, so really we're the ones who owe you." 

I winked at him and couldn't wait to tell Jasmine the news. Even though she was a few feet away from me. 

Jasmine's POV:

I could see that Danny was coming back to tell me what Barry said and I was terrified to find out. 

"Hey, guess what?" 

"It's okay Danny, I know you tried your hardest. I can manage one week." 

"No, he said yes!" 

"Oh my god really?! Thanks so much, Barry, you're the best!" 

"No problem editing buddy." he said as he continued to get back to work." That made me wonder if he had heard me earlier. 

"Well, go and pack your bags. It's gonna be a nice little stay,"  Danny said.