Chapter 28: Home is Where the Heart is

A/N: Sorry about the long wait! I promise I didn't forget about the story or anything, I just had school. Also I feel like this chapter's kinda random, but it is very crucial to what happens next in the story, so be on the lookout! As always, enjoy!

Maybe I was being too "dramatic" about the entire situation, but I really was having the time of my life at Barry and Danny's house. Not just because Danny was there, Barry was a great person too and I got to know him so much better after this experience. It's just that after this, I didn't want to go home at all...

"Ahh, home sweet home," Barry said as him, Danny, and I entered the house.

"Yeah this place really does feel like home for me." I refrained from mentioning that tonight was the last night that I'd be here, although I didn't think that they would really care even if I did say it.

"It's really been fun with you here, Jasmine. To be honest, Barry and I just sit on our asses playing video games most of the time. Unless one of us is masturbating."

"So let me get this straight. You'll come back from literally playing video games all day just to play video games again?" I ignored the part about them masturbating which I assumed wasn't a joke, because I really did not need to think about Danny performing that action at this time of night, especially with him right in front of me.

"Yeah pretty much." He said with no hesitation whatsoever.

"Okay, so what do you guys wanna do tonight?" I asked, just so we could all do one last fun thing together, with me staying here of course. I knew in the back of my mind that I could visit them any time I wanted, especially cause my boyfriend lives here.

"Hmm I don't know, I'm pretty fucking tired so I might just hit the hay." Barry said, yawning a little.

"Aww okay, Barry. I won't stop you from going to bed, but goodnight anyways, don't let the bed bugs bite."

"Thanks Jasmine, goodnight guys," he said and went away to his room. In the silence that followed, we would hear him closing his door.

"Well that sucks, I'm not that tired..." I said.

"Well I am." Danny yawned. I gave him a look as if to say "yeah right."

"Aww, you caught me. Damn, you know me so well."

"Of course I do." I walked over to the couch and sat down. Danny followed and did the same.

"Something's bothering you," he said in a serious tone.

"What? What do you mean by that? I'm perfectly fine. Today was one of the best days I've ever had and I got to spend it with some of the best people in the world. What could possibly be bothering me?"

"I don't know, but I can just see it in your eyes. You want to say something, but you can't. Do you wanna talk about it maybe?"

I let out a deep sigh. "Okay fine, you got me. Something is bothering me, but it's so small that I don't even understand why it is bothering me."

"Well what is it? Let's talk about it. I'm always here for you and you know that's damn well true. Even if it's small to you, it still fucking matters to me." He put his arm around me.

I felt warm and I breathed in and smelled his familiar scent. It made me feel at home. This is what I'd always hoped to wake up to, but it was starting to look like that wouldn't be happening for a while...

"Well basically Danny... it's my last night staying with you guys, but I had so much fun. I mean, they say home is where the heart is and I know very well where my heart is. This doesn't make any fucking sense, I know."

"Wow, I can't believe it's been a week already, I swear you just got here yesterday. I guess that's what happens when you're with someone you care about" we finished at the same time. "I mean, we'll still see each other at the office and all. Plus you're welcome here any time you want. You don't even have to tell me if you're coming, just surprise me. Wow that sounded more inappropriate than I thought."

"It's okay, Danny I know what you mean." I said, laughing. "It's just that it would be amazing to spend all day together everyday. Like we wake up next to each other, clothed or not clothed, I make breakfast for both of us, we play video games or watch movies all day, and that's it. But life's not that simple, we can't always get what we want."

"Hmm, I don't think that's quite true. You see, I've already got what I've always wanted."

"Oh yeah? What might that be exactly?"

"I don't know, she's a really pretty girl sitting right next to me. I believe her name is Jessica?"

"Shut the fuck up, you nerd." I hit him in the side softly.

"I'm just kidding, her name is Jasmine and she's more beautiful than any princess I've ever seen."

"What princesses have you seen? Please take me to them."

"I fucking wish, I've only seen some of the movies."

"Fair enough."

"Anyways, what were we talking about?"

"How I won't be staying with you guys after this."

"Oh yeah. Well I don't want you to leave."

"And I don't want to leave."

"It is gonna suck not having you around here though, now I'm gonna have to masturbate to the thought of you."

"What?"

"Nothing."

"Maybe we could move to an imaginary place."

"That'd be nice, but I kinda like my apartment and also I love Barry why would you do that to him?" He gave me a look.

"I like Barry." He smiled.

"Yeah, it felt great to stay with you guys. Plus I don't have any roommates or anything so it can get pretty lonely over there..."

"Oh I know what you mean." He winked at me. "We all gotta have pleasure from time to time."

"Hey, I will not be revealing any information about what I do in my spare time besides editing... You have to earn that right."

"Okay, okay, I'll just imagine it for now... Hell yeah."

I hit him softly again.

"Kidding.. Maybe a little," he said smiling.

We sat there in silence for a moment just listening to the clock on the wall.

"Oh my fucking god."

"What?"

"Jaz, I have the best idea ever!" He yelled.

"Okay I don't know what this is about, but tell me what it is quietly because our friend Barry is sleeping."

"Oh shit I forgot. Okay, so I know that it would be difficult for us to move away on our own and it would be fucking difficult to explain to Barry, but what about you move in? Permanently.

"Wow, I didn't think about that, but what would Barry think? He doesn't even know about... us."

"Fuck that! Why don't we just tell him? If it means having you around all the time, then let's do it! I'm sure he'll be fine with it, you know him, he's a nice guy."

"Okay, but you're gonna be the one who talks to him about it."

"Fine with me. I'll do it tomorrow morning."

"Okay," I yawned. "Let's go to bed now, tomorrow's gonna be a long day.