Chapter 5: An Awkward Moment

The next morning I felt more refreshed than I usually did. I remembered that today I was gonna have to give Danny his jacket back. I couldn't keep it forever... Even though in the back of my mind I really wanted to.

I got ready and headed over to the Grump Space. I made sure to not forget to bring Danny's jacket along with me. It was pretty quiet and seemed as if no one was here. I looked around for a bit and eventually ran into Danny.

"Oh hey, what are you doing here?" He asked, with a puzzled expression on his face.

"Well, I just wanted to bring your jacket back. I didn't know if you were coming in today. Are you here by yourself? Where's Arin and everyone else?"

"He's sick, Suzy's taking care of him. Holly and Ross went out shopping. Barry's supposed to come in later... Actually I don't even know where he is."

"Isn't he your roommate though? Shouldn't you know where he is?" I asked with a laugh.

"Yeah, but he just kinda went out without telling me. Don't worry, he does it all the time. I won't be surprised if he shows up soon."

"Okay then. What are you doing here? You can't just be here all by yourself."

"Well now I'm not by myself anymore am I? You're here too. Sometimes I just like coming here by myself to just write music and come up with ideas for new songs. It's really fun."

"Oh my god, that's amazing! I didn't know you wrote music! That's so cool! I'd love to give your songs a listen to sometime!"

"You can totally listen to them! I'm so proud of how they all turned out! Even though they're all pretty much about sex or jacking off, but I'd love to know what you think."
I smiled at him and looked at his jacket in my hands.

"I just realized I'm still holding your jacket, sorry. Here you go."

I handed his jacket over to him. For a brief moment our hands brushed against each other and I felt a tingling sensation go up through my spine. It felt as if a lightning bolt had just brought me back to life. I enjoyed the sensation every time it happened. I wanted more of it.

"Um... Well I guess I'll just leave now. I don't really have anything else to do here." I turned towards the door.

"Wait! You can stay if you want. I don't bite... only sometimes in the right places." He winked.

I didn't know how to respond to that so I pretended like I didn't hear it. "Oh uh... Are you sure? You seem like you want to be left alone right now."

"Trust me, I am. I really do enjoy your company." He smiled. I couldn't resist his smile. It was so adorable.
"Oh alright... I'll stay."

"Yay!!!" He jumped up and down like a little kid and hugged me tightly. His fluffy hair was in my face. My face couldn't help but turn a bright shade of red. I awkwardly hugged him back. He was super tall so it was kind of hard for me to reach him. Once we both let go of each other I asked him what we were going to do.

"You know the answer to that question," he said pointing towards the couch.
My eyes grew wide.

"Get your mind out of the gutter! I was talking about video games! We can do 'that' later." He winked again. My mind was not in the right place to be thinking thoughts like that at this moment.

"Y-yeah video games r-right..."

"S-so... What game are we gonna play?" I hesitated slightly while asking him. I wasn't much of a gamer, I played in my spare time which I didn't have much of anymore.