Chapter 8: Charity Livestream

I felt so awkward around him. It felt like the night of the WoW tournament. I told myself that this wasn't that big of a deal and that I should just have fun at this live stream. Suzy went on about how we were going to start soon once more people showed up.

"I tried to invite Mark to show up too, but apparently he went on to the semi-finals of the World of Warcraft tournament."

I was surprised, I hadn't even really known Mark and I didn't think he would make it that far. He must've been a beast at that game.

"No fucking way," Ross said, almost dropping his phone.

"Oh yes," Suzy said, turning towards him.

"How did he make it that far and not me?!"

"Uh, maybe cause he's better at the game than you are," Arin argued.

"Nice one, dude," Danny said, high fiving him in the process.

He had his arm around the couch now and it looked as if his arm was around me, but I still kept my mouth shut.

"Jasmine, you've been awfully quiet," Suzy started to say.

"Oh have I? I'm sorry. Hello to everyone watching this stream! We're going to start shortly."

"Would you please tell everyone what it is that you do at the office?"

"Well, I edit videos, I know it sounds pretty exciting. I enjoy doing that mostly because I get to see these guys almost every day. I've grown quite close to them over these past few weeks."

I smiled and looked around the room.
Ross was still on his phone, as usual. I rolled my eyes.

"Aww that's cute," Barry said, clapping.

"We like having you here too!" Arin joined in the clapping as well.

Danny smiled at me, his arm still around the couch.

"I agree with Arin," said Suzy.

Afterwards, Suzy told everyone that we were going to be starting. She told them what charity we were going to be raising money for, which I wasn't really paying attention to since I was staring at Danny the whole time. I think it had something to do with horses?

"So first we're going to do a little Q&A with all of us, so send in your questions on Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, we'll answer them all!" Suzy said happily.

We all waited on the couch for the questions to start coming in. I didn't think there would really be any questions for me, so I just pulled out my phone and checked various social media websites.

"The first question is for you, Jasmine!" Suzy said enthusiastically.

I looked up from my phone with a surprised expression on my face. Wow, I didn't think anyone would actually want to ask me anything.

"It says, Do you plan on being in any of the Grumps playthroughs in the future?"

I thought about it for a moment, then answered.

"Hmm... well I don't know, if they want me to I guess I will! I think it would be pretty fun!"

"Maybe it'll happen in the future then," Arin smiled at the camera. The fans must've been going insane. I was dying on the inside.

"You could be on Steam Train!" Ross exclaimed from the other side of the couch.

"Haha, maybe," I shifted uncomfortably in my seat.

"Well guys, there you go!" Suzy said, looking for more questions.

"Here's another for you, Jasmine. Man, you are the star of the show today!" 

I mustered up a smile. I didn't think people would actually like me when I joined the Grumps, but I guess I was wrong. I thought I would just be one of the faces behind the videos. It made me feel good on the inside.

"Hmm, this is an interesting one. Who's your favorite Grump and why?"

This one took me by surprise. I didn't really have a definitive answer because I liked them all. I couldn't just flat out say 'DANNY!' either. I didn't want anyone to be suspicious of anything, even though there really wasn't anything happening between us.

"Well-" I started to say, until I was cut off by Danny's voice.

"Uh, it's obviously me. Duh." He smiled and moved his arm off of the couch to my shoulders. I tensed up a little. After all, this was in front of thousands of people.

Everyone in the room looked at us. I laughed to try and play it off.

"Yeah, he's totally my favorite!" I said in an exaggerated tone.

"Okay... Next question! Let's see... Oh my! There are a ton of questions for Dan!"

Suzy seemed to be reading them all and giving them a weird look. They were probably about what just went down in the last 3 minutes. This live stream had just barely started and something awkward had already happened between Danny and I. I couldn't possibly imagine how the rest of it was going to go.