Things Are Changing

Things Are Changing

Chapter 1

Alex's POV

    Jo has absolutely driven me over the edge lately. She has attacked Meredith verbally time and time again, rejected my proposal but yet claims wants a family, and is hiding some secrets from me. Not to mention I walked on her and DeLuca a little while. I proceeded to beat the shit out of him before packing some clothes and heading to Meredith's. I made sure to call and ask first. She was cool with it so I'm crashing at her place tonight. Maggie and Amelia went to a late night movie so they won't be back for a few hours. I think they went to see a chick flick or something but I don't care enough to ask. 

      Meredith comes back from the kitchen with a bottle of Tequila, which is basically her go to drink. I've seen her down at least a thousand glasses of Tequila, probably a lot more. She looks at me with concern. "What's going on Alex? I'm glad you're here, but I can tell there's something on your mind." I sigh. "It's stupid Mer. I don't want to burden you with my problems." She rolls her eyes. "You're never a burden Alex. You've always been one of my best friends and now you're my person. Now talk." I put my glass of Tequila down. "I've stood by Jo for years now despite knowing what she's like. For months now she's been indecisive about everything. One minute wants to be with me the rest of her life and the next she wants nothing to do with me. Not to mention she has hidden many secrets from me. Also, I caught her fooling around with DeLuca. So it seems like now she's cheating on me in order to make a point." 

      "That really sucks Alex. I'm so sorry. You don't deserve to deal with as much crazy you have. It just seems like history is repeating itself." "You're telling me." We sit in silence for a moment as a thought forms in my mind. "Hey Mer?" She looks up. "Do you ever imagine what we would be like a couple?" She smiles. "The thought has crossed my mind here and there. I mean you and I have such great chemistry and are basically the same person. So there's potential." I smile at that.

      Over the years, I have always cared about Mer more than just about anyone. On several occasions, I've often wondered why her and I never got together. I mean I respected Derek so much. He has a wonderful man, friend, father, and husband to Mer. The thing is Derek's been dead for a couple years now. A lot has happened since then and things are continuing to change. Maybe things between us will too.

Hoped that you guys liked this chapter! :) -Mary