Hesitation

Hesitation 

Chapter 3

Alex's POV

   The next morning...

    I hold my head in my hands as Meredith comes barging in the room. I glance at the clock and groan when I see that's it only six am. I flop back down on the bed, but Meredith grabs a hold of my legs and literally drags me off of it. "Come on Mer. Give me ten minutes of sleep." She laughs. "I wish I could, but work awaits. Now go take a shower because you really smell." I swat her away and dash off to the shower. I strip off my clothes. As soon as the hot water hits my back, a soft moan escapes from me. God I love hot water. What a wonderful thing to have in the world. 

10 minutes later...

   I get out of the shower, throw on my clothes, quickly brush my teeth, and grab some bagels with Mer that Maggie made. They're cinnamon raisin and absolutely delicious. We're doing our famous carpool ritual today so Mer and I have to wait for Maggie and Amelia, who take twice as long as we do. I have to honk the horn four times in order to get them to come out. They roll their eyes as they get in the car. Once everyone is settled in, I pull out of the driveway and drive us all to work. I'm dreading the situation I know I'm going to face today, but I can't avoid Jo forever. I have to grow some balls and tell Jo face to face that we're over. 

      It takes twenty minutes to get to the hospital due to heavy morning Seattle traffic. It's seven by the time we pull into the parking garage. Amelia and Maggie head in together first. I hesitate a bit and Mer can sense that, which is why she sticks around. She comes over to me and squeezes my hands. "Alex, I know you're freaking out so don't even deny it. I know that this is hard for you, but I promise that once you break up with her, a huge weight is going to be lifted off of your shoulders. If you need to step back from your work today, don't be afraid to due so and page me as much as you want. I will come to you every time." I pull her in for a hug. "Thank you Mer." I attempt to give her a smile as we head into the hospital. My smile quickly fades as I make eye contact with Jo in the lobby.... 

Hoped that you guys liked this chapter! :) -Mary