Late Night Talks

Late Night Talks

Chapter 16

Meredith's POV

    It's three in the morning and the four of us are still hanging out in the kitchen. I'm surprised Maggie never came down to join us. I mean she's a heavy sleeper and all, but she loves late night talks and occasional drinking sessions. Amelia downs her third glass of red wine. She grabs a hold of the counter. It's obvious she's getting tipsy. "So is marriage in the picture for you guys?" Alex and I both blush. "Amelia we've only been together a little over a month." Owen laughs. "You've known each other forever though." "It might be one day, but that day is not hear yet." Alex nods in agreement.

     "We're just living in the moment. Taking things a day at a time. Plus you know how it's been hard for me to do certain things since Derek died." Amelia flinches but tries to cover it up quickly. Owen nods solemnly. Silence looms for a couple minutes before Alex speaks. "You and Amelia have married for a year now. Are children in the picture for you guys?" Owen smiles while Amelia stays silent. "We're not sure yet. We've discussed the subject a few times though. It's a work in progress I guess." Alex nods. 

        We all talk for another hour before we finally agree that we should try to get at least a couple of hours of sleep. Amelia and Owen crash on the couch while Alex and I go upstairs to my bedroom. A couple hours of sleep isn't nearly enough for any of us, but it's better than nothing.

Hoped that you guys liked this chapter! :) -Mary