Wedding Reception

Wedding Reception

Chapter 38

Meredith's POV

     Alex and I's wedding reception has been going on for about an hour now and it's set to last another three hours. It's a lot more fun that I expected to be. The dj is playing some damn good, everyone seems to enjoy one another's company, and tons of dancing is occurring. I've made sure to show off my awkward moves along with Cristina. Her and I are a dancing tag team. Like we know we suck, but we enjoy suck at it together.

      Alex on the other hand has been alternating between dancing with me and hanging by the bar with the guys. Pretty much everyone is drunk except for Amelia and Maggie. Amelia is working on her sobriety and Maggie wants to be the responsible driver to bring Alex and I home. Cristina on the other hand has been giggling a lot in the past hour. She looks like she wants to tell me something but isn't whether or not she should do so. "Cristina I know you. You have something you're hiding from me, I want you to spill whatever it is now." She sighs. "Fine. I'll tell you. Owen's getting a divorce from Amelia." I nearly spit out my wine. "Wait he what? You didn't put him to doing that did you?" 

      "Jesus Mer I don't put him up to anything. He decided that all on his own. Just like he decided all on his own that he wants to get back together with me again and vise versa." I take a moment to let her words sink in. "Well let just ask you one question. Are you happy?" She begins to smile from corner to corner.  "I really am Mer. I've been wanting to get back together with him for awhile. I've missed him like crazy. Sure while I've been Zurich my feelings decreased but they never went away. It felt like there was something missing and now I have it back. I'm not messing things up again with Owen. I love him too much to let lose him again."

     I smile sympathetically. "Then that's all that matters. You're my person Cristina and I'm here for you through thick and thin." She almost never hugs people but lunges at me with open arms. "Thank you Mer. I'm so grateful that you've stayed my person despite the distance and hardships. Now let's have some fun. I feel like things just got too serious. Let's loosen up." I laugh. "Sounds great." 

         The rest of the reception goes worry free. Amazingly, Amelia didn't try to attack Cristina or Owen nor cause a scene like she normally does. Maggie drops Owen and Cristina off first before taking Alex and I home. She tries to act like she's annoyed, but she secretly likes playing the hero role.

Hoped that you guys liked this chapter! :) -Mary