Morning Frenzy

Morning Frenzy

Chapter 7

The next morning...

    Alex's POV

 I jump out of bed the next morning at seven and slam heads with Maggie in the hall. She jumps back in shock and glares when she sees it's me. "Watch where you're going Karev." "Yeah, yeah, sorry Maggie. I have to pee and shower." "So do I. I'm going first." I try to beat her in but she pushes me to the ground. Maggie opens the bathroom door and gasps. "I'm so sorry Alex. I feel bad. You can shower first. I can wait ten minutes. I'll go make you, Mer, and I some waffles. I'll make some for the kids too because they have to be up soon for school anyway." "Sounds good Maggie, thank you." I jump in the shower and wash up as quick as I can so Maggie can have a go at it. I'm able to finish in seven minutes. I swap places with Maggie and take the waffles out of the waffle iron.

    They smell amazing. I am sure to plaster them with butter and syrup. What's waffles without the good stuff? Maggie drags a grouchy Mer with the kids in tow to the table. I grin when she nearly bites Maggie's head off. Maggie swats me gently this time instead of pushing me. While we eat, Mer jumps up a few times to make sure the kids have everything they need for school. Once they do, she runs out the door to go drop them off at school. She tells Maggie and I she'll meet us at the hospital.

    1 hour later...

    Mer meets Maggie and I in the parking lot. Amelia wasn't a part of the carpool today because she doesn't have to be in for another three hours so she actually gets to sleep a bit. Lucky bitch. Once we clock in, we all part our ways for now and go see patients and perform surgeries. 

Hoped that you guys liked this chapter! :) -Mary