Tired

Tired 

Chapter 8

Meredith's POV

      I've been hanging by the nurses station waiting for patient charts for nearly five minutes. I keep asking for this nurse Patty to just hand them over, but she ignores me and goes back to reading whatever's on the computer screen. I drop my clipboard on the ground when I bump heads with Alex. We both jump back in surprise but end up laughing. "Damn Alex that's the second time today you've bumped heads with someone today. Are you trying to go for a third?"

      "I'm sorry Mer. I didn't sleep well last night so I guess the lack of sleep is causing this. I'll try not to be a safety hazard for the rest of the day. If I get the chance, I'll take a short nap in an on-call room." I pat him on the back. "Sounds good. To be honest, I'm kind of tired myself. Do you mind if I join you?" He smiles. "Not at all. I don't have any surgeries today as of right now. Just a couple of follow up exams for patients. One in twenty minutes and the other in three hours. After my first follow exam, I'll page you so we can take a nap for at least an hour or two unless you get paged for surgery." I nod as I jump over the desk to grab the charts I've been waiting way too long for and head to an empty room to do some quick charting. 

    An hour later...

      Alex is done with his first follow up exam and I'm done with charting patients. Alex paged me five minutes ago so I'm making my way to the on call room. When I get there, he swings the door wide open and gives me a Flynn Rider like smolder. Yes I've watched Tangled, don't judge me. I have two daughters so it was bound to happen at some point. Nearly every girl goes through the princess obsession phase. 

       He pushes me in the door and pulls me in for a tight hug. I'm confused by it but hug him back. "What was that for?" He plays coy. "That was my way of thanking you for being you." I blush. "That's sweet Alex." I look around the room. "There's only one bed in this one. Maybe we should go to one that has two." He raises an eyebrow. "Come on Mer, we've seen each other naked many times. Sharing a bed while fully clothed is nothing compared to that." I cave in and hop into bed with him. We lie close enough to each other that our bodies touch, but far enough to make sure the other isn't uncomfortable in any way. We both fall asleep within a few minutes. 

Hoped you guys liked this chapter! :) -Mary