Dead End

UPDATE: The author has changed cover since the review.

Word Count: 1348

Title: Dead End

Genre: Werewolf

Blurb:

You can run from the devil.

You can run from your lover.

You can run from pretty much anything . . . except for yourself.

And that is exactly what Miss Asher Wilmington has been doing for the last nine years of her life. Locked up in a mental institution for those years, she is finally ready to join the real world with her poetic outlook.

So focused on the new, she doesn't realize that her past is creeping back up behind her at every turn. What will she do when she realizes she's at a Dead End?

Join Asher on this spectacular adventure of love, triumph and heartache.

Status: Deleted

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Starting Points: 30

Cover: It's really nice and simple. It kind of looks like a TV show/80s movie poster! However, your cover maker could have just kept the same font throughout it, but that's really just a little thing. I don't really have much to complain about here, so no points lost.

Title: It's short, simple, gripping, and can catch a reader's, so again not much to say here. No points lost. *Side eyes you*

Summary: Yay, something to drag you about! Um--I mean, give you helpful criticism about, of course? Haha *sweats*

Anyway, saying "¡¡¡¡NOT A TYPICAL WEREWOLF BOOK!!!!" makes me think exactly that. It's a huge red flag, and if I came across this on my own, I wouldn't even bother reading the summary (possibly, but that's not a very reliable word). If this was a parody/comedy then that would make complete sense, but it isn't. It just seems like your jumping out of the screen to smack your readers violently and repeatedly, before jumping back into the screen. Imagine how scary and random that would be. Please, take it out.

-The part where you introduce this Asher character has an awkward space. I think you pressed enter by accident. The backspace key is so amazing, if I didn't have it I would look like a mess 99.9% of the time.

-Overall, the summary isn't good, however it seems like the conflict is more of an internal one. Possibly external too, but I don't know yet. It isn't good because you don't give a good idea on what may happen, and I'm not sure what the conflict is. That should be clear.

It's just too vague.

You should work on putting more information about the actual plot in it. (-5)

Plot: Asher doesn't want to be a werewolf, she's in denial (I am guessing).

Opening thoughts:

-I actually almost commented "Why" on your character page. This is just a personal beef I have with them form my dark and traumatizing past.

*Sad and dramatic orchestra plays as I stare out the window *

-Oh god, it's in first person...

-Boop! It seems to be done properly so far guys, and the description is pretty good.....

-Wattpad provides you a place on the top where you can place images, it looks cleaner, and it isn't right in everyone's face. (-1)

-I lied. The descriptions here and there are questionable, but not too bad. Also, I just came across a long ass sentence. (-3)