Faeriedon (N)

Note: Yikes, I fell asleep. (Also, just now posting this for editing sake, since my sleeping schedule is such GARBAGE.) Yup, that is the excuse I'm going with. I'm garbage, we know this. Let's get this show moving!

Word Count: 2913

Title: Faeriedon

Genre: Fantasy

Blurb:

A rose by any other name is just as deadly...

When young women in the mortal world start vanishing, no one suspects that the culprit lies in another dimension; one filled with magic, lies, and betrayal. In Faeriedon, three women become entangled in a deadly game of vengeance and escape.

Jeanne, the erstwhile Beauty, seeks to avenge her sister's death and exact revenge upon the father who sold her to the Beast.

Caileigh, tormented by Beauty and hunted by the Beast, desperately yearns for a way home.

Andrae, anguished by the deaths she witnesses, is determined to rescue Caileigh in place of the sister she failed.

The touch of a rose brings forth every secret, every desire, and no hand is left unstained by blood.

Fay- ri- don.

Faerie - fairyland, the world of faerie. Variant of fairy.

Status: Ongoing

~

Starting Points: 30

Cover: I've always been a fan of this cover from my days of cover scavenging. *Sighs*

Title: At this point, I loathe the sight of the term "faerie". The fact that it's spelled that way always did grind my gears, but I can never explain why it ticks me off. I still can't. At least this title is a bit more imaginative, but I still can't help but hiss at it underneath my breath every time I see its prefix. *Grimaces*

Blurb: Don't have anything bad to say about this, really. I'd read this in my free time, actually I think I did previously add it to my library in the past? I'm guessing I never got to it, but I don't think I'm imagining it? Anyways, best summary in the "summer" special I've read so far. *Crosses arms*

Plot: Girl gets taken to magical land where she has to survive and....turns out none of this happens yet. Wow, misleading much?

Opening thoughts:

*Finishes reading chapter one in two and a half sittings*

-Huh. Color me impressed! This is actually a good opening chapter, considering. *Audience gasps*

-Okay, let me calm down. This book has been trapped in my library for centuries, collecting dust, and possibly pushing up daisies for how long it went without being read. So, now I have a chance to finally read the thing and boy it doesn't disappoint! For the most part!

-To get this out of the way, this opening chapter succeeds with introducing the main character Caileigh and this weird stillness that truly does creep up on the reader throughout the chapter. Its there, but you can never put a finger on it or pinpoint it and it does it pretty well. The backdrop for the story being in Jamaica is a great surprise too. It's a nice change from the usual locations chosen on Wattpad, so yay for representation!

-There are things that bother me with this chapter, but I'll complain about that in the sections below and continue onto chapter two. Hoorah!

-Chapter two isn't much of any help. The readers learn a few more things about Beauty and get introduced to two more characters in Australia this time around.