Shadow of the Past: A Trilogy (N)

Word Count: 3344

Why is this review so long...

Title: Shadow of the Past ∞ a 'trilogy'

Genre: Science Fiction

Blurb:

~NEW BLURB~

A Paranormal SCI-FI Mystery-Romance Fantasy Thriller rooted in our time and space! ∞

One Disaster--Two Earths--Three Survivors:

the Loved--the Wanted--and the Light.

Hunted, haunted and shadowed,

how will they ever find peace?

It was a different Earth, a different age. Mankind was the Ark for the lost animal kingdom. But that world died and three survivors land on our Earth, in our age.

They are aliens on American soil--but are they a threat to National Security? The government sends its Black Ops task force to capture them--dead or alive.

What will Danny, an all-American guy, do when a mysterious girl turns his heart and life upside down? Will he be prepared when the Shadow of her past comes face to face with the light of his future?

"This epic tale not only spans the far reaches of time but burrows deep inside all of us, exposing the love and pain behind the choices that lay out the destiny we share." @ TimothyMarsh

~OLD BLURB~

ONE is lost with NO memory--and is found by HIM.

TWO is lost with THE memory--and finds a life of crime.

THREE sees them both--and makes the choice.

[Everything else the same]

Status: Ongoing

~

Starting Points: 30

Cover: Not a fan, really. However, this is not a bad cover in a general sense when comparing it to the cow dung that is passed off as covers in the deepest trenches of Wattpad, obviously. For me though, this is a "bad cover" because of how busy and cluttered it is. Where exactly should we, the viewers, draw our attention to? It is quite clear who the demographic of this book is targeting with the entire main cast pasted on for all to see, belved letters and all that hoopla though. Anyway, to me, it is a bit of an eyesore, but for a certain crowd, this is effective and intriguing so no points lost.

Title: Boring. I am tired of the title of books having the word "shadow" in it. This probably relates back to the book so I do not think it would be entirely fair if I dock points out of my mere annoyance. I will let this slide, even if I do not want it to. *Crosses arms*

Blurb:

-The original worked better, which is not really saying much since only the intros are omitted and nothing else.

-Cannot really tell what the second one is even trying to say and it is a bit aggravating. I would swap it out for the old one. It creates an air of mystery that invites the reader in while the new one pushes them away. (-1)

Plot: The Many World Theory, action, and is a huge sci-fi fest, bro. Consider me: *transformer robot noise* Engaged.

Opening thoughts:

*Skips four chapters worth of foreplay* (-4)

*Shrivels up at the sight of the formatting in the prelude* (-1)