Black Ink

Word Count: 2271

Title:  Black Ink

Genre: Paranormal

Blurb:   Something so sinister can lurk in every drop of black liquid, it can seep into a whiteness of a canvas and turn it into such a nightmare, you'd shield your eyes.

But perhaps Peyton Jones liked it, liked the boy she was so obsessed with turn a gun on everyone's head and pull a trigger that might make her wonder if insanity was an art, a blessing, or a curse.

~~NEW SUMMARY~~

"Trust me, she knew who she was dancing with the entire time. She just chose to see the good in everybody. I personally don't think she should change that about herself. She wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell."

       Mrs Jefferson said, as she looked down at the swirling shades of blue. she closed her eyes, greeting the one colour she most despised, and leapt from the chasm into the beckoning liquid below.

Status: Ongoing

~

Starting Points: 30

Cover: I like it! *Crickets chirp*

Yeah, there's nothing more for me to comment here. Except: I hate when things are good. I'm forced to be positive and give a compliment and everyone knows that is entirely less fun.

*Heavy metal screech* Yay to negativity!

Title: Goes with the theme of the dark and gritty boner going on here. I don't know if that constitutes as a good thing, but...but at least it's consistent? Yeah, no points lost.

Summary: Yikes. I feel like I've seen this in all of the Suicide Squad memes before and this
"boner for Darkness™" has grown into a weird and stale fetishization of evil, mental illness, and edgy-Hot Topic fuckfest. At least that's what this summary is giving me. The old and the new one, actually.

-The old one is a blur of cliches swirled in convincing purple prose (which in most cases, it's an amateur writer masturbating and spraying their jizz over their own work and smugly smiling as they take a puff of their Cuban cigar to say, "Do you like that? I know you do, you little bitch. Now spread those cheeks for these wannabe 19th century writer teas."), and I̶ ̶a̶l̶m̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶ ̶s̶p̶r̶e̶a̶d̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶c̶h̶e̶e̶k̶s- it almost got me until I actually turned on my brain and realized how cringe it was. From the girl intrigued by "darkness", to "blending the lines of insanity with beauty" (??#%!), to a goddamn murderous mentally-ill boy that she's lovesick over and there we have it: Every fanfiction I've ever read (not every, but a great deal).

-Anyway, the new summary isn't an improvement at all. If you've seen the old summary, like I have, it only makes everything much more muddled, melodramatic, and ridiculous. The little monologue (correction *winks*) Mrs[.] Jefferson spouted before flailing her dramatic ass over the cliff is the most Twilight thing I've ever read/seen since...Twilight or that chemical vat scene in Suicide Squad. Also, I don't know why there is such a huge space between the dialogue and the dialogue tags...What's that about? You also forgot to capitalize "She".

-My point: None of these summaries did anything for me. (-5)

Plot: Girl who shops and bleeds Hot Topic falls in love with a Hot Topic boy and now the things are happening. Angst, and whatnot.

Opening thoughts:

*Sees "Reviews chapter"*

-Okay, so there's a lot of author masturbation still going on because...reasons. Reasons that I understand, but it doesn't make it any less obnoxious. (-1)