Forests's Fate (N)

Word Count: 2083

Title: Forest's Fate

Genre: Adventure

Blurb: Forest used to be an ordinary outdoor cat living on Earth. He thought his only possible problem would be the annoying humans that lived alongside him.

That was until a mysterious black cat kidnapped him and many other Earth cats to a completely different planet called Gardinia. Because of that, Forest is whisked into a war between the Superiors, who are cats with super powers trying to take over the planet, and the rebels attempting to stop them to restore equality.

Forest is forced to fight for the Superiors. The only way back to his home planet is if he helps defeat the rebels with the other Earth cats, despite his growing sympathy for the cats he is supposed to fight. That, or he loses his memory and will remain in Gardinia for the rest of his life as a mindless minion.

That is Forest's fate.

...Or is it?

Status: Ongoing

~

Cover: I expected something much more fantastical and more eye-catching, but I like it. However, I would surf the multimedia threads for people who deal with anime-styled covers because this book just feels like it needs something like that, something much more bright and colorful. That's just my two cents though, but since it does look professional I'll let it live. No points off.

Title: I'm not opposed to it?

Blurb: *Blinks*

-Um. Well, this is new. I can't say that I hate it because it is actually passable, and the language seems a bit too colloquial (though it might be intentional and this isreally a subjective nitpick), but it does seem to say too much. If it's pared down a little it'll be better. Other than that...I'm not opposed to it? *Shrugs*

Plot: Cat on cat crime ft. a never-released issue of an old Guardians of the Galaxy comic? —That, or some weird anime or children's book. Aka: for all Bronies, cat ladies, the crowd that watches cat videos on YouTube for a living, and Deviantart nerds from high school who probably hiss at people in the hallway alike! Amazing. I'm ready to read!

Opening thoughts:

-The start could be better and it isn't horrible either per se, but overall, I don't like how some things are worded...it can be underwhelming.

-Excerpt: As the few stars twinkled in the indigo sky above, countless cats, the only inhabitants of Gardinia other than their prey, were shedding blood on the tall grass and the soil beneath.

-It's stated so blandly and I'm beginning to think the problem is with diction. This scene needs to possess stronger words so the importance of it is fully received by the readers.

-Suggestion: The stars twinkled their faint glow upon the clashing army of cats that covered the vast land of Gardinia. From a Birdseye view, it was a vibrating multicolored blanket that would not tear.

-Okay, there are some crazy ass looking cats and I can't suspend my belief anymore. All I'm imagining is some Neopets-like cats fighting right now and I can't help but feel confused. I'm not sure how to feel about this. Apart from this confusion though, I ain't opposed to it?

-What the fuck.

Overview of the Characters:

-Rainfall, the "rebel" (grey) tabby cat. She is an undercat with no cool powers, but BOLD to a boot, has cute blue eyes for effect, and is queen of being The Cuntiest of Cunts and the leader of the rebels. I'm living!