THE AFTERMATH

Word Count: 1463

Title: The Aftermath

Genre: Fanfiction

Blurb: The unconquerable Wonder Woman had lived in disguise as civilian Diana Prince for over a hundred years. The story of World War had long left behind, though not once ever forgotten. For all the life she had in the world of mankind, the princess of the Amazons had transformed into a modern woman, taking Louvre's antique dealer and historian as a perfect undercover. Every day was another day, working and saving people in distress. That, before the man walked in.James Turner, the second-in-command of DTRA deputy director, had to show up in that very day. It wasn't his will to fly from DC to Paris, but a task had been filed in and must be done no matter what. Thus, it brought him to encounter Diana. At first, it seemed nothing like a big deal. However, the should-be-easy-work became 100% opposite since James Turner was a 100% duplicate of Steve Trevor, Diana's long lost love.So, what could possibly happen next? Would Diana find a Steve in James?She wouldn't dare to think so.

Status: Ongoing

~

Starting Points: 30

Cover: Simple, but Gal Gadot looks cool and since this is a fanfiction--it's expected that she would be on the cover. Anyway, it's doing the thing, so there's that. No points lost.

Title: Very on the nose. Ha. I don't hate it so I will ignore it.

Summary: Besides the mishaps in grammar here and there (a couple of sentences were indecipherable), it's one of the fairer summaries I've read in these reviews--considering the author's background. It's quite decent, really. I'm not blown away by it (the summary that is), but I'm pretty sure someone would want to read the book because of it. I call that an accomplishment. However, there's one glaring problem I have with it--or two, I should say. It doesn't seem to have a hook, or show a sign of a real conflict. Also, I may be going out of left field saying this, but I think the summary also gave away its twist...does reincarnation have anything to do with the events? I'm probably wrong though.

-Anyway, back to my point: The summary ended on a lackluster note of, "Would Diana find a Steve in James? She wouldn't dare to think so." Like....I don't get what reaction you were expecting to get out of that, but I can certainly tell you it wasn't much. (-4)

Plot: Will Wonder Woman fuck James Turner, aka Steve Trevor 2.0, or will she not?

*Sighs for three minutes*

Opening thoughts:

*Scrolls down to see the cast* *Is met with Chris Pine who plays Steve Trevor in the movie, but is playing James whatsitsface in this fanfic*

-By god. I was right. (-3)

-Anyway, the book doesn't bother wasting time and gets right into what it was trying to sell us on in the summary, which I appreciate to some extent, but foreplay has never hurt anybody? (-1)

-*Steve/main male character says something to female main character* Excerpt: Soon, she found herself struggling to breathe*

*Deadpans into the camera like I'm on The Office* (-1)

-From what I've read so far, it doesn't have the emotional punch it's suppose to, and that is taking me out of believing it and really caring about this start. This is why dramatic starts in a book can be tricky to execute. The tone and mood is too weak. (-2)

Characters:

-Diana Prince. I'm indifferent to her, at least the way she is depicted in this fanfiction. It's not even because she doesn't feel like the Diana Prince in the movie it's based on (she actually does read a lot like her), but because there isn't enough emotion in this opening scene as much as there should be. The writing isn't hitting all of its marks, and it's noticeable, at least for me.