~1~

I sat outside with my knees tucked in my chest. It was dark and rainy and I had my dolls by my side. My best friends.
     "Jack, it's time to get inside," my caretaker said. I stare into the abyss as her words glide through my head. I didn't move.
     "Jack," she then warned.
     "I know. I heard you. I'll be inside I'm a minute," I said in response as I placed my ragged doll.
     "Now Jacklynn," she then warned, growing impatient. I sighed in annoyance as I peer up at her with my dark eyes.
      "I said in a minute," I repeated through my gritted teeth.
      "And I said now," she retaliated angrily. I once again ignored her as I kept playing with my dolls. My caretaker said many more words, choice words might I add, but none of them phased me. I continued playing with my dolls.
        After some time my caretaker picked me up in anger. I thrashed and screamed in her arms as he tried to drag me inside. I kicked and scratched, leaving her bloodied and bruised.

     I got sent to another orphanage after that "incident". Then another one after that. And another. And another. So far I've been through 5 orphanages. And it's kinda hard to make real friends when you've been through 5 orphanages. So I've never had a "real" friend in all my 16 years.
      However I don't need friends. I've learned at an early age that people just end up leaving. Nobody really stays in your life. People shouldn't need people. We live in a selfish world. Too bad it seems that I'm the only one that knows it.