~12~

We soon arrived back at the orphanage. Brayden and I start to climb the fence quietly.
     "So your brother-" he started to say once we got on the other side.
     "I'm sorry." I say emptily. "I don't want to talk about him."
     I look back at the world behind the fence. It didn't have the same effect.
     "Are you not telling my something?" Brayden said in a low voice as I opened out window.
     "I'm not telling you a lot of things." I say climbing in. I go over to my bed and face the wall. I feel the end of the bed dip down.
     "You can't shut me out, Jack. I mean your stubborn, rude, and can come off as unlikable, however your also a person. Everyone is like you. It's just that everyone else has...layers. You don't. Your simple and know the very blunt of reality. So shut me out all you want, but I'm not leaving." He said genuinely.
     I slowly sit up and face him, sitting Indian style. His eyes were filled up with honesty.
     And even with the little light we had, I knew that every word he uttered was the truth. I let his words slowly sink in.
     I look straight into his blue orbs. I lean forward impulsively and attach my lips to his.
     I get this feeling in my stomach. Not like a stomach ache, but the feeling you get when your on a roller coaster, or jumping off a cliff. However, very little of the feeling was terror, it was more of that beat of excitement.
     I pull away from him. I feel my heartbeat in my neck. I look down at my lap, avoiding eye contact. Moments later I lay back down, facing away from him. I feel him get up and walk over to his bed.
     I felt my lips, which still had a slight tingle to them. I kissed Brayden. I kissed the boy I use to resent. I didn't feel like myself. I felt...vulnerable, and dependent. I felt like Brayden was a drug and I was slowly becoming addicted.