~32~

I stood in shock. I couldn't believe it. The person that I have been looking for is standing right in front of my on my "day off."
     "What are you doing here, Jacklynn?" Andrew asked with absolute no emotion.
     "Looking for you." I said quietly. "Mom and dad are alive. I have a picture, you were a toddler and, and I was a baby. They were there. They looked happy and they wrote us a note, you have to help me," I say all in one breath.
     Andrew inhaled and exhaled before he spoke. "Jack, it's not what you-"
      "Then what is it?" I urge. "What is it, because I've been looking and finding nothing."
      "Where's the picture?" He asked, biting his fingernails. He almost looked nervous.
     "It's at my friends house. That's where I'm staying," I say looking down at my feet.
      "Why are you staying there?" He asked with confusion.
      "Some girl adopted me, Cara. She was the one that had the picture so I took it and ran." I explain.
     "You're staying in my apartment from now." Andrew said in an instant.
      "What if I don't want to," I challenge.
      "I don't care. You no longer have a choice. Trust me, Jack, it'll the best and safest for you." Andrew said with sincere eyes.
     "What do you mean 'safest'?" I ask him.
     "You ran away from your adoptive guardian. The police are probably looking for-"
     "Jack?" A familiar voice said behind me. It was Blaise. I turn around and see her eyes go blank.
     "I found him." I say quietly. "She's the friend that I'm staying with," I told Andrew.
     "Well, thanks for taking in my sister, but she can stay with me now," Andrew said to Blaise.
     She looks at me with an astonished look in her eyes.
    "Are you sure?" She's asks me.
     I nod my head, with uncertainty. I needed to go with Andrew if I want to find my parents.
     "Well then do you want to get your stuff?" Blaise asks.
     "Yeah." I say shortly. Why was I like this. I've been looking for Andrew for what seems like forever, yet I felt these confused and second guessed my thoughts. Was this really the right thing to do?
     Andrew drove us to Blaise's house to grab my stuff. He waited in the car.
     "If anything happens your welcome to come over here, you know that right?" Blaise said helping my put my stuff in a duffel bag.
     "I do now." I say zipping up the bag. "Thank you. I don't think you understand how much this means. I mean you let me live in your house and we didn't really know each other." I say giving her a smile.
     Blaise gives me a hug and says "it was nothing."
     I grab my bags and walk out the front door.
     "Good luck, Jack!" She calls after me.
     I give her a smile in return, I was going to need it. I got into the car with Andrew, and he started the engine.
     "Do you live far?" I ask, still unsure if I was making the right choice.
     "No...but far enough. If police are looking, they won't find you." He said seriously.
     I stared out my window, still anxious. However I know that if I want to find my parents, this is the best way to go.
     The picture of all four of us was peeking out of the pocket it was in. Easy times. It's amazing what I'd give to have just a small amount of that life back.