~23~

I stood in complete and utter shock. I'm lost for thoughts, I don't know what to think, or say, or do. I was just a body in the room. A thoughtless body.
"Um..does your daughter know Jacklynn?" Asked Blaise, breaking the silence.
"Well Cara babysat her here and there, but nothing special. God, haven't seen her in so long..." trailed off Mr. Bradford.
     "Jacklynn or Cara?" I ask.
     "Cara. It's been a couple years. I miss her, she was such a sweet, loving girl who loved kids. She loved babysitting Jacklynn." He then goes on. Then with a slight chuckle he proceeds "You could even say she was a bit obsessed with her." Mr. Bradfords slight chuckle turned into a minute long coughing fit.
     I freeze at his words. "A bit obsessed."
     "Did Jacklynns parents pass away?" I ask with my eyebrows furrowed together.
     "Nobody knows. One day the family just left and never came back. However I did here that Jacklynn was signed into a foster care. I'm not sure about her brother, Andrew. He was a sweet boy." He answered.
"Were there any..family problems or..?" I ask desperate for answers.
"Not that I know of. They were a normal family from what I saw. But God be with that family wherever they are."
"Yeah, God be with them." I say looking at Cara's picture.
We leave Mr. Bradfords house after thanking him. That did nothing. I'm more confused than I was. We walk around to the neighborhood park where little children and their family spend time. I watch them picturing me, Andrew, mom and Dad. However, I was mentally incapable of doing so.
"Hey, you'll be fine. Everything will work itself out and-" Blaise started to comfort.
"No. No it won't. Do you even see how messed up this is? You can't put a puzzle together with missing pieces. You can picture all you want, but picturing won't make them appear. You have to look and look and look." I say cutting her off.
     "Did you have friends at the orphanage? Like best friend?" Blaise asks changing the subject.
     I sit there and ponder. Did I? Brayden came to mind, but was he even considered a friend.
     "Yeah," I say after what seemed like an eternity.
     "Who?" Blaise then asks.
      "Why so interested all of a sudden?" I answer with a question.
       "Just was wondering. And I mean maybe that could help you. What if your brother came by looking for you?"
     "He probably didn't and if he did then they probably weren't paying attention," I dismiss.
     "It's worth a shot isn't it? We could go to your orphanage and see. Or I could just tell me their name and I'll go and talk to them. Just tell me their name and what they look like."
     I look at her. She's crazy, but I know that if something doesn't have the potential to be a disaster, then it'll never work.
     "His name is Brayden."