~2~

I sit outside alone on what was considered "my tree".  Nobody ever came over here because of it. Many believe it's haunted as it is blanketed with many markings and notes from the past time.
     However, there's nothing scary about that. It's actually quite beautiful to think that this tree has more that just life to it. It holds memories and carvings of the past. It's truly beautiful.
      The summer breeze blew through my dirty blonde hair. I hug my knees, comfortably as my eyes scan past the fence that enclosed me. Where freedom was held. I could just run. It's tempting, but I'm not in the mood to be taken back here by the police.
       "Jack! It's time for dinner!" Hollered Ms. Brady from an open window. She never liked me. Who would?  I mean going through 5 orphanages for "bad behavior", I guess it's ok to label me as "unlikable".
     I can be likable. I can be very likable. If I wanted to. They wouldn't know that I have a dimple on my left cheek. I only smile when I'm happy.  They wouldn't know that I really have blue eyes. Their only blue when I'm happy. And let me talk you they haven't been blue in a long time.
      I stare down at my food. After deciding that I wasn't hungry, I excused myself from the dinner table when Ms. Brady stopped me. L
     "We have a new person here. He'll be sleeping in your room, till we can find room in the boys' corridor.
     "Why my room? Why can't it be one of the guys room?" I ask getting angry.
     "Like I said - they're all full. Besides your the only one with an open room. And you off in your own world anyways, so it'll be like he's in a room by himself." She said in a sickly sweet voice, that I hated. 
     "Whatever," I mutter as I walk up to my room to be expectedly greeted by my new "roommate".
     "Hi, I'm Brayden.  Ms. Br-" he started to introduce.
     "Yeah, I know." I say in a low voice as I push past him and sit on the window seat.
     "What's your name?" He then asked, clearly unable to take a hint.
     "Jack," I say shortly, looking out the window, watching the sunset.
     "How old are you?" He asked in the same tone.
     "15," I answer, sticking to my one worded answers.
     "Me too. So, why are you here? At the orphanage I mean," he then asked.
     I turn and face him for the first time. He was tall. Almost 6ft. His hair was a dark brown shade and his eyes were light blue. The lightest blue I've ever seen on a someone.
     "What's your problem?" I ask him bluntly.
     "Just want to get to know you," he said in a confused tone. I stare into his eyes, and see that he was telling the truth.
      "There's no point. Your probably going to be gone within a week or so. Therefore there's no reason to get to know a stranger, " I say gazing back out the window.
     "Wow, she talks," he smiles. I roll my eyes at his comment. "Hey, I'm sorry...Jack." He said, testing out my name.
     I don't say anything. I just stare out the window, where the sun has completely set.
     I hear Brayden start to put his stuff on his side of his  temporary room. He then took a seat next to me and stared out the window, just as I was. I didn't say a word. I wasn't going to say a word.
     "You spend most your time alone don't you?" He asked, breaking the silence.
     I sharply pull my vision from the window to him.
     "I'll take that as a yes," Brayden smirked. I stare at him in disbelief. What's wrong with him? "Your eyes are really pretty," he then states.
     "They're just dark.  They don't have a color," I inform him without emotion.
     "They're blue. A very dark blue. But surely blue." He said sincerely.
      "Your wrong I surely know myself better than you do," I say mocking his words.
     "Whatever Jack. Whatever you say," his said with a small smile peaking through. This boy smiles to much.