~26~

"What are you going to do?" Blaise asked. We were sitting in Brayden's room. He claimed that he needed to go to the bathroom, but I'm not stupid enough to believe that.
"I can't leave him. It'll hurt him even more and...I can't do that." I physically can't.
     Blaise skimmed over the sign in page that she tore out, and there it was. Andrew's messy signature. He was here exactly a week ago, looking for me.
     "We can't take him with us, Jack. We could get into a lot of trouble for that." Blaise said strictly.
     "Stop acting as if he's a dog." I say quietly.
     She had an alarmed look in her eyes. She looked at me as if I didn't have the capability to make things easy.
     "Do you want to-" she started to say before she got cut off. Brayden walked into a room of silence.
     He sat on the window sill and looked out the window for a while. He then looked at us.
     "Go on. Don't let my presence stop your conversation. It'll be like I'm not even here." He said sarcastically. I've never seen this person. Where did Brayden go.
     "Brayden we weren't-" I started to say.
     "Talking about me? Ok, Jack. If you weren't talking about me then carry on the conversation." He challenged.
     "She doesn't want to leave you here, alone. But we could get into legal trouble if we take you anywhere." Blaise says. I look at her with dead eyes.
     "Is that so? Because a couple weeks ago you had no problem leaving, but know that I'm 'broken' or 'fragile' you want to stay. From my perspective, it looks like you only want to be here when you are needed, so you can and find your family. I'll be fine here." He said looking me dead in the eyes. His blue eyes no longer seemed blue.
     "The both of us know that that's not true." I say in response.
     It was scary. Knowing how much he promised that he wouldn't hurt me and how attached I've let myself get. It was also scary how much he reminded me of...me. Closed off, however this time I'm the one looking for answers, not him.
     I think there's a saying for when things happen like this. I got a taste of my own medicine.