~37~

The rest of the drive was smooth without any cops pulling us over. We turn onto our Uncle's street. He lived in a small, yet stable and nice, house.
"Are you sure that this is the house?" I ask him quietly, staring at it.
"Positive." Andrew answered looking at his phone. "I was the one that looked it up in the white pages."
"Does he know we're here?" I then ask him, unbuckling my seat belt.
"He will soon," he said going up to the door.
Uneasiness filled my stomach and all of that passion to find the truth momentarily subsided.
Andrew knocked on the door, once, until he was greeted by a taller, stockier , man. He had brown hair and unmistakably blue eyes.
     "Yes?" He asked. His voice was deep and bellowed from his chest.
"We're Sarah and David Carters' kids." Andrew said laying it flat out.
His eyes grew distant and widened, until he snapped out of it.
"That's not funny. Don't joke about being someone that you're-"
"It's true." I then say. "I'm Jacklynn."
He stared at me and then back Andrew, still skeptical about our identity.
Andrew rolls his eyes and reached in the back pocket of his black jeans. It was a piece of embroidered cloth with a simple, delicate Aster flower on it.
     "Grandma Aster gave this to Grandpa Jay just before she died." Andrew stated, giving him the cloth.
     He took it and realization struck his eyes and he looked at us almost instantly.
     "Come in." He said widening his door. We walked over to his couch and he was still stroking the embroidered cloth.
     "How do you have this?" He asked confused.
     "Grandpa Jay left it in his room after he passed. I put it in my bag before I went to the orphanage." Andrew explained. "But that's not the reason I'm here. I'm here because I need answers. Our parents." He paused. "What happened to them."
     He sat there for a moment before saying,"I don't know. My brother, he never told me that he had a daughter. I only knew Andrew." He said quietly.
      I froze. My uncle, my own blood, didn't know who I was, or that I even  existed.
     "Why?" I breath.
     "You're not supposed to be alive." He ignored me and turned his focus towards Andrew. "David came to this house and sat in that exact spot that you're sitting in, sobbing."
     "What are you talking about?" Andrew said now very confused.
     "Your father told me that you died of unknown causes."