~4~

Lunch rolled around and I was now aloud to go back inside. Ms. Brady was covered in scratch marks, due to me. However, seeing her like that didn't phase me one bit. Why would it?
     I go up to my room and sit on my bed as I hear the birds sing their families melody. It was peaceful.
     "Jack!" I hear somebody scream. It sounded like a frantic scream. I get up and peek my head around the door.
      I soon find myself on the floor, as a body collided with mine.
     "Jack, your here!" Exclaimed Brayden as he got off of me. I look at him confused. "Oh sorry by the way," he the said as he offered a hand. I deny it as I get up myself.
     "I heard Ms. Brady tell Ms. Fields that their moving you to another orphanage," Brayden explained.
      No emotion crosses my face. I'm failing to see why this would "scare" me. I shrug my shoulders towards him.
     "Did you not just hear me? Your going to another orphanage," he repeated.
     "I heard you." I say. He looks at me like I'm crazy. This just shows how much he doesn't know me.
     That night I lay in my bed tossing and turning due to the fact that the summer heat still managed to get to us, even without the summer sun.
     I sit up in the darkness, as I hear Brayden shift in his mattress on the other side of the room. I got up and sat on the window seat where a warm breeze accompanied me.
     "No orphanage will take her." I heard a faint voice, recognizable as Ms. Fields.
     "C'mon she didn't go through all of them, did she?" Another voice said. Ms. Baker.
     Ms. Fields mumbled other words that were inaudible. I quietly walk over and press my ear against the door.
     "We're stuck with that brat." Concluded Ms. Brady.
     "She's not really a brat. She's just weird and awkward. I mean the kid barely talks," Ms. Fields disagreed. 
     "Whatever. Hopefully that Brayden kid can sort her out. Poor kid. I think he just wants to be polite." Ms. Brady then said.
     I look over at Brayden. He was sound asleep. His chest was slowly rising and falling peacefully.
     I walk over to the edge of my bed and sit on it. The bed creaks in response making Brayden stir in his sleep.
     I the lay down, facing him. His hair was tossled to the left and his mouth was slightly agape. He had a very light blanket over his legs.
     I never really analyzed a person like I did with Brayden. I was never one to see the little details. However, somehow and in someway I know that when he smiles his eyes seem to slightly squint, or when he's happy they seem to be even lighter. Or even when he's asleep, his arms have to be outside the covers.
     It's amazing how much the human brain can retain. It's also amazing how the human brain can forget.
     Once Brayden leaves with a new family, I'll forget about his eyes or what he does unconsciously in his sleep. And he'll forget that my eyes aren't just dark. Because they're surely blue.